Quote Originally Posted by junkyard dog View Post
Thanks for that.

Thanks for the input The 30gn and 33gn loads seemed to burn all the powder it was only the 27gn load that had a little unburnt powder left in the barrel ( and a smokey case neck ) The accuracy bit is still to be determined as I only had 5 rnds of each load but I was getting around 4MOA @ 100yds with iron sights. I'm sure we can improve on that. At the moment I don't shoot this rifle very often and when I do it is normally at 100 Yards. It's an old girl and I'm an old guy so it's kinder to both of us. It may well be coming out of the safe more often now. Thankyou for the quickload offer but I have a coupe of .308s with extremely accurate loads I've developed so won't be changing anything there in the near future.
offer is there.....
unique is a fast pistol powder and for shotguns so its properties are different and he is using cast bullets
i would use trailboss if you have it or use plated cast bullets with ce harris load data.
i had issues with my 8mm with cast loads and the above data . i couldnt hit a barn door if i was stood next to it.
i was using cast bullets gas checked at .323
the only way i could gas checked the bullets was to size them in my lyman lubrisizer which made the .323.
you need to use a couple of thou more in cast bullets so i needed .325/6
in the end shell house reloading made them gas checked at .325 and everything fell into place..... 2 thou made all the distance plus i had to adjust the rear sight to around 600 yds.
your rifle will take full power loads as my 1904 /39 verguiero will spit out 198gn bullets all day without any issues apart from oil leeching out of the stock lol
my shoulder wont take it though...... i use 175gn sierras in it now but still full loads