Thread: Reccomendations for a Knockdown Plinking Target

Reccomendations for a Knockdown Plinking Target

As above looking for recommendations for a knock down plinking target for use with CO2, SSP and Spring powered Pistols, ideally I want one that you shoot to reset rather than pull on a string or walk back too.

I remember years ago there was a Walther one, with 4 targets, ducks I think and a centre target to reset.. not sure if these where anygood or up to the task long term, I know they where expensive.

TIA
    We may dance with the devil, but its always to his tune.

BSA Meteor.22
    BSA Lightning .177 SFS 2-StageTrigger and Tune
    Walther CP88 .177
    Weihrauch HW40PCA .177
    Bruni Action Takedown .177 Project
    Weihrauch HW45 .177 dual power

Have a look at the offerings from this forum's sponsor:

https://www.jsramsbottom.com/targets...rgets-etc.html

Unfortunately a lot is out of stock, but there are some reasonable targets still available at decent prices.

I recently bought two of the Gun Tuff Gallery Resetting Targets and one of the Biathlon 5 Hole Targets.

Quality is pretty reasonable for the prices and quick delivery.

The Biathlon Target comes with hole size reducer rings fitted, but these are easily removed for use with a pistol.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

I made my self a bell target, you either miss or hit. Was going to post my efforts on here but cant bring up pictures. I can put a smily face if that helps.

I just got a couple of Remington branded knock down targets with a string pull reset, very impressed wth the quality, about 20 quid each. Been teaching my daughter to shoot and the reactive knock downs are a hit.
    Even the mild HW40 can knock them down. Nice solid steel plate that flattens pellets, reducing ricochet issues too. Definitely worth a look.

I got a GunTuff from JSR, it is a string re-set thing though. An 11 ft/lb rifle knocks the targets down so fast that they tend to bounce back up. It is better as a pistol target but the smallest reducer is too small for me so I removed it. As mentioned previously it is easily done. Replacing the stickers on the target plates help a bit as after a few hits they get indistinct (to aged eyes).

Been looking at the guntuff biathlon for a while now wondering if the reducers could be removed to make target holes all the same size. Great to now know they can be, so will order one with my next order of pellets.
    Thanks for the info.
    Joe

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Not a knockdown target, but worth thinking about: I cut a length of 32mm stainless steel into 1/2" thick disks and welded 6mm nuts sideways onto the edges. A 6" nail and a 4" piece of metal tube as a spacer gives you a target that can be nailed into a fencepost or tree as a zero check at your regular haunts.

this guy on a well known auction site makes some interesting knock-down/spinning targets

https://bit.ly/3eQ1aJS

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/dgQAA...-gt/s-l500.jpg
    Last edited by reloading; 29-06-2020 at 05:24 PM.