Thread: AutoCAD Help Required Target Scoring Rings

AutoCAD Help Required Target Scoring Rings

Due to not being able to find a supplier of 6 yard Air Pistol (Air 8) targets for garage practicing due to the shut down, I have draw up a AIR 8 type target 2 off with 140mm x 140mm card so that I print 2 target on A4 card printed on my mono laser printer.
    Problem is I have not used AutoCAD in anger for 10 years and struggling to get the 10, 9, 8 rings to print in white against the solid black aim point.

If anybody could tell me or can correct may lack of knowledge I would be very grateful.
    Was going to attach my drawing but unable to find how to attach files.
    EV2 ~ HW30S ~ ST22 .22LR ~ Marlin 39 .22lR ~ CZ452 LH .22LR ~ GSG1911 LBP .22LR ~ Walther KKK Match ~ Anschutz 1813~SAM60 .22LR Free Pistol~Walther LPM1~Steyr LP10~Walther PPQ-M2 LBP~HW97K

Check the line weight that’s in the print settings. On your screen you might be viewing the lines as .25 or .50 or whatever, but if it’s printing in 0.1 for example you’d lose that line in a solid background.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by oly2b View Post
    Due to not being able to find a supplier of 6 yard Air Pistol (Air 8) targets for garage practicing due to the shut down, I have draw up a AIR 8 type target 2 off with 140mm x 140mm card so that I print 2 target on A4 card printed on my mono laser printer.
    Problem is I have not used AutoCAD in anger for 10 years and struggling to get the 10, 9, 8 rings to print in white against the solid black aim point.

If anybody could tell me or can correct may lack of knowledge I would be very grateful.
    Was going to attach my drawing but unable to find how to attach files.
    I would use circles and then the fill command in solid black or white. You can then select the different black and white solid fill and use the 'bring to front' or 'send to back' to draw the solid fills on top of each other in the order you want them to be drawn, then print the target.
    .22 Winner 2014 World HFT Championships (S400)
    Recoiling Winner 2017 World HFT Campionships (HW97k)
    HFT England team 2018, 2019, 2020 (Rhino enhanced HFT500)

Would it not be easier to scan a card & then print the images ?

Air8 targets

Found this online.. If you scroll down you will find an air8 type target for downloading if that helps😊

https://shootingskulltargets.wordpre...-17cm-targets/

oly2b,

As an aside :

Download the SCATT Pro software (https://www.scatt.com/downloads/) :

Open SCATT software, Tools menu --> Print target.

You can select any of the UIT / ISSF targets, and scale them to a new range - e.g. 10m rifle can be scaled to shoot at 6 yards and then printed.

Very handy.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ