Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
Have done that Ancestry DNA test and it looks like most of me came from Wales. I’m sure that’s where I picked up the Airgun gene?
Easily tested. How much do you like sheep?

Inspired by this video I got inside my Britannia to fix a dangerously light trigger caused by wear on the piston where it engages with the sear. I think with the exception of a tell2 it’s the easiest airgun I ever worked on.

In case of interest I found the butt plug, as it were, also has the serial number stamped on it, and my trigger Weight adjuster is different (and an inferior arrangement)to the one in the vid, the grub screw is set at an angle and had to be accessed, awkwardly from the side, with the trigger assembly to the rear in the fully cocked position. (This is on gun 1101). This does give an incentive not to go too far with the screw, unless you want to trigger the sear while the gun is open and get a smack in the chops!

Having had the piston out I can see why the trigger weight cannot easily be set for both power settings: the slots in the piston that the sear engages with are not necessarily the same depth or profile. For mine with the trigger set nicely for full power it is very heavy for half power. That makes sense because the rear (half power) slot seemed to be the deeper set, no doubt so that when the gun is fired at full power the piston passes easily over the withdrawn sear without re-engaging. Presumably if set nicely for half power then full power would be dangerously light, and I wonder if that is why they have the stop screw so that you can set it up so that it will not cock to full power when your trigger is set for half power use. ?