Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Britannia youtube vid is finally up!

In the end I’m not sure it was a good thing looking at this Utube? It has now put me on a near impossible quest here in the US! Darn you British and your Airgun ways.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    In the end I’m not sure it was a good thing looking at this Utube? It has now put me on a near impossible quest here in the US! Darn you British and your Airgun ways.
    Larry H may be able to point you in the right direction Steve?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

A very well produced review Matt.

I enjoyed the period feel of the review and good to see you were dressed for the part.

I also liked the way you kept the viewer interested with your voice overs whilst demonstrating the accuracy of the old Britannia.

Your shooting wasn't bad either!

The 50 yard shooting that grew into the mythical 80 yards was originally done with a .25 Britannia, which is seriously impressive.

After watching the review, I want to go out and shoot my .25 at 50 yards just to see what it can do. However, notwithstanding the lockdown, my friend Paul O'Donnell has had that rifle on loan for around a year as he was looking to replicate the see-saw sight. I'll need to get it back when we can all go out shooting again.

Incidentally, my .25 has the highest serial number known at 3403, unless anyone reading this knows of a higher number?

Well done Matt - a great piece of production and a welcome change from all those unboxing videos that seem to litter YouTube.

John M

I too found the video fascinating, and very professional in it's production.

As to a modern version of the rifle, how about a new gas-ram model?

Now THERE'S a challenge for our resident craftsmen!

Put me down for one in .177.

Excellent video production.
    Well researched and thank you.
    👍

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    I enjoyed the video very much and is very well done, the Britannia was one of the first airguns l ever bought, has it looks really appealed me. and l found that it was as accurate as any of my LJs and BSAs useing marksman pellets. but l don't think that manufactures of today would be able to make them at a realistic price. but every collection should have one.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Fantastic video Matt. As you know, I am somewhat more of a pistol person, but after watching that I soon had my motley collection of air rifles outside and being put through their paces. You are a true artist (and a much better shot than me)!
    Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

I enjoyed the period feel of the review and good to see you were dressed for the part.

I also liked the way you kept the viewer interested with your voice overs whilst demonstrating the accuracy of the old Britannia.

The 50 yard shooting that grew into the mythical 80 yards was originally done with a .25 Britannia, which is seriously impressive.

After watching the review, I want to go out and shoot my .25 at 50 yards just to see what it can do. However, notwithstanding the lockdown, my friend Paul O'Donnell has had that rifle on loan for around a year as he was looking to replicate the see-saw sight. I'll need to get it back when we can all go out shooting again.

Incidentally, my .25 has the highest serial number known at 3403, unless anyone reading this knows of a higher number?

Well done Matt - a great piece of production and a welcome change from all those unboxing videos that seem to litter YouTube.

John M
    Hello John,
    I agree with all of your comments regarding Matt's excellent video.
    All we need now is some sort of book to accompany the video and complete the picture.
    What do you think ?
    Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 15-05-2020 at 08:54 AM.

John M

Can't get higher than 3403 - I have a .25 calibre number 3332, and once owned .177 number 3379, of the 31 owned and documented over the years. The total of 'over 4000' quoted in the Sporting Goods Review may be optimistic then?

So let's start another 'thread' - the highest serial numbered Britannia seen? Good game.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Can't get higher than 3403 - I have a .25 calibre number 3332, and once owned .177 number 3379, of the 31 owned and documented over the years. The total of 'over 4000' quoted in the Sporting Goods Review may be optimistic then?

So let's start another 'thread' - the highest serial numbered Britannia seen? Good game.
    I have a record of 137 Britannia air rifles!

I suspect the final tally to be around the 4000 mark and possibly just under, as you suggest.

3332 is an interesting example - it has fitted sling swivels and was featured in Airgun World in 2002.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John,
    I agree with all of your comments regarding Matt's excellent video.
    All we need now is some sort of book to accompany the video and complete the picture.
    What do you think ?
    Brian
    Well Brian, the BSA book is finally done. Just need to find a publisher now as the draft has been completed.

Britannia text has also been completed with just pics to go.

Kind regards,

John

Well Brian, the BSA book is finally done. Just need to find a publisher now as the draft has been completed.

Britannia text has also been completed with just pics to go.

Kind regards,

John
    Hello John,
    That's great to hear at a time when good news seems to be in short supply.
    Hope a publisher can be found as soon as you are ready so that I can pre-order and make sure I obtain at least one copy of each publication.
    Brian

I really enjoyed watching the video and some great shooting ldwink.
    A lovely looking rifle and one to add to my collection.
    I remember shooting Jon budd’s Britannia at one of the Boinger Bash events and didn’t want to put it down.
    Thanks again for a fascinating video.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I really enjoyed watching the video and some great shooting ldwink.
    A lovely looking rifle and one to add to my collection.
    I remember shooting Jon budd’s Britannia at one of the Boinger Bash events and didn’t want to put it down.
    Thanks again for a fascinating video.
    Atb
    Les..
    Thanks Les.
    John Budd was kind enough to let me try his one and compare it to a couple of other pre-war rifles I was considering at the time, that’s what inspired me to get one 😊

Cheers,
    Matt

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Hi Matt

Thanks for posting the link to your video.
    That's some good shooting there.
    Your Britannia looks absolutely superb - is that the original finish?
    The other question I have concerns your pellet loader...what is that gizmo?