Thread: Got an itch that needs scratching :-)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Lol,

It's all very difficult. What the government says may change at a moment's notice; depending upon whether the virus does or does not remain 'contained' as the 'lock-down' continues to be relaxed in stages. Also, different clubs have different topographies, facilities, membership sizes and age profiles; and what may be possible and appropriate for one, may not be for another. I guess, it will be up to each club to determine what it can and cannot do to support the government's approach to the pandemic; and to guarantee shooting safety whilst retaining an appropriate level of 'social distancing' to minimise infection risk.

I think a good place to start might be to read and follow National advice provided by the UKAHFT at https://www.ukahft.org/news?fbclid=I...iiaD6dUfJXLg#/ It certainly seems to me to be a thoughtful and balanced piece.

Like you, I'm missing the sport and the community very much but, speaking for myself, I feel more bound to the principle of guaranteeing safety and an infection free facility. Horsham will therefore be holding off for the time being. However, we will be keeping a watching brief.

All the very best to you and keep safe,

Phil
    Last edited by pjacobs; 14-05-2020 at 08:24 AM.