Thread: Got an itch that needs scratching :-)

Got an itch that needs scratching :-)

I hope all my fellow shooters are keeping safe and neither they nor their close ones have suffered too much.

It's been a while, I have not picked a rifle up since September last year

Was tempted to have a dabble today, didn't happen, but I will be slinging some tomorrow (luckily have a long garden).

With all this talk of more freedoms and some outdoor sports being allowed, obviously with some common sense being applied, I wondered if any of the Sussex clubs are considering opening their shooting grounds any time soon?

Keep safe and be careful out there
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Hi Lol,

It's all very difficult. What the government says may change at a moment's notice; depending upon whether the virus does or does not remain 'contained' as the 'lock-down' continues to be relaxed in stages. Also, different clubs have different topographies, facilities, membership sizes and age profiles; and what may be possible and appropriate for one, may not be for another. I guess, it will be up to each club to determine what it can and cannot do to support the government's approach to the pandemic; and to guarantee shooting safety whilst retaining an appropriate level of 'social distancing' to minimise infection risk.

I think a good place to start might be to read and follow National advice provided by the UKAHFT at https://www.ukahft.org/news?fbclid=I...iiaD6dUfJXLg#/ It certainly seems to me to be a thoughtful and balanced piece.

Like you, I'm missing the sport and the community very much but, speaking for myself, I feel more bound to the principle of guaranteeing safety and an infection free facility. Horsham will therefore be holding off for the time being. However, we will be keeping a watching brief.

All the very best to you and keep safe,

Phil
    Last edited by pjacobs; 14-05-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Uncle Phil :-)

Phil

It's good to hear your sage words sir.

I absolutely understand your position and respect your stance on the club.

Had a read of the UKAHFT piece, wow, very cautious, and again understandable.

I suppose people have to be concerned for them and theirs in the way they see fit, whilst respecting the safety of others.

Keep safe mate, and hope to see you again soon in the rudest of health
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Hello chaps,

Good to hear from you both and that you are safe and well.

This popped up today and is very interesting.

https://youtu.be/3UzTHVH5NjE

There might be some light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Speak soon!

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Looks like a long road at the moment. Unless there is some monumental breakthrough against the virus I am expecting no competetive HFT this year.

Keep well and be safe.

Andy.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Hey up.

Steb, Andy...thanks for the response.

Glad to hear you are both good to go.

Keep safe fellas, it's well dodgy out there

Be well all. Especially you Lol this game needs innovation

Andy.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Silver lining.

Hey up Andy.

All this spare time, you can chip all the mud off your gear and save up for a mat

Sounds like a really shite plan. Thinking of buying a pillow to sit on and swapping the baby March for its 80 x year old Grandma.

Monkey.
    Last edited by simmmo; 17-05-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Go for it.

Confession time...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KV7VWCr8tc46E6GB8

I have since took counselling and have moved to the light side
    Last edited by Lol Moore; 17-05-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Itch

Hi LOL glad to hear youve got the itch back again. Was only walking through some woods with the dogs today thinking "I'm sure I used to miss targets in a place like this somewhere in the dim and distant past". I don't have luxury of anywhere to practice so am really feeling the need. Missing the characters too almost as much as the shooting.
    Stay safe, here's hoping we can shoot again in the not too distant future.
    Paul

How you diddling.

Paul, good to hear you are healthy mate.

We will hopefully be enjoying it all again in the not too distant future.

What's happening down at Swallows...any moves to plan for some form of limited practice or plinking?

Be careful out there

Rumour has it...

I hope all my like minded chaps and chapesses are healthy, happy and wealthy, in that order

I have heard there may be some competitive HFT shoots in the offing in Sussex, can anyone confirm/deny such