Thread: BSA Merlin mk1 and mk2

BSA Merlin mk1 and mk2

Good evening.
    All this spare time has us all digging through the backs of cupboards looking for those "Tuit" guns. Come on,we've all got them..."I'll fix that when I get a round Tuit!"
    I need to tag the 2 people who have helped me and thats @ggggr for some brilliant information in addition to the great article he wrote about the Merlin's and then putting me in touch with @deejayuu who made the mk2 pellet transporter for me. Without these peoples help, both of these rifles would have languished a lot longer in the back of the cupboard. I am humbled by your generosity.
    PeterD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eUf...ew?usp=sharing

Nice little guns, cleverly designed with virtually no screws. Even the trigger just rocked on four little tags. Over the years I've owned one .22 & one .177 ser one, but I also owned the very last one made by BSA. A long time ago, and in an era when I owned over 400 air weapons alone, sadly, I never really took that much notice of individual guns, I was in a rather privileged position, and so memories are very thin on the ground, guns I remember, but details, sadly or stupidly not. The collection is almost completely sold now but would be worth a fortune if still in one collection.
    Anyway great little guns and to top it off the little plastic bodied scopes were made in my home town, prior to the Japanese influx; I still have some of the earlier scopes though.
    Happy memories

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    Good evening.
    All this spare time has us all digging through the backs of cupboards looking for those "Tuit" guns. Come on,we've all got them..."I'll fix that when I get a round Tuit!"
    I need to tag the 2 people who have helped me and thats @ggggr for some brilliant information in addition to the great article he wrote about the Merlin's and then putting me in touch with @deejayuu who made the mk2 pellet transporter for me. Without these peoples help, both of these rifles would have languished a lot longer in the back of the cupboard. I am humbled by your generosity.
    PeterD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eUf...ew?usp=sharing
    I'm pleased you got them sorted Peter. It good when you hear of someone finally getting an old bugger sorted.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Evening Guy. I'm really pleased to finally have them both done. I think I have found the reason I was having the problem with cocking the mk1. I'll have to send you a picture to explain it clearer but I only realised when doing the mk2 that on the cocking linkage, there should be 2 rubber bushes. They were missing. Fortunately I have an original parts box that had some in it. Couple of days and I'll be in touch.

Scope

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Nice little guns, cleverly designed with virtually no screws. Even the trigger just rocked on four little tags. Over the years I've owned one .22 & one .177 ser one, but I also owned the very last one made by BSA. A long time ago, and in an era when I owned over 400 air weapons alone, sadly, I never really took that much notice of individual guns, I was in a rather privileged position, and so memories are very thin on the ground, guns I remember, but details, sadly or stupidly not. The collection is almost completely sold now but would be worth a fortune if still in one collection.
    Anyway great little guns and to top it off the little plastic bodied scopes were made in my home town, prior to the Japanese influx; I still have some of the earlier scopes though.
    Happy memories
    Evening. I hope you dont mind my asking but do you have a BSA mk2 scope that you would consider parting with?
    Thanks
    PeterD

I'm not sure if there is a "correct" scope for the Merlin but I have a boxed, near enough mint, Mk 2 that came with a BSA Mk 2 telescopic sight.

@PeteD i must say like you i have had some great help here since re-registering due to losing all my paperwork with passwords .

People here are only to ready to help and i try to repaid that by helping others if i can , never hurts to pay it forward that way we can keep older guns alive .

stay safe shoot straight