Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus forced sales.

Corona virus forced sales.

With the likelyhood of this lockdown in wales possibly going on till september i may have to sell stuff just to cover the morgage as the furlough is now going to be reduced to 60% and then down to 40%.anyone else in the same situation as myself at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    With the likelyhood of this lockdown in wales possibly going on till september i may have to sell stuff just to cover the morgage as the furlough is now going to be reduced to 60% and then down to 40%.anyone else in the same situation as myself at the moment
    Feel very sorry for anyone in your position,and there is going to be plenty of them,through no fault of your own, I hope the government help's the little guy, and not just the big players, as is the norm, hope you get some good news, re work, asap,good luck .

Fingers crossed Chris it won’t come to that and hope you’ll never have to resort to that.
    Understandably the Welsh Assembly has just announced lockdown to continue for 3 more weeks.
    With just minor tweaks to allow us to go out and exercise more and garden centres to reopen.
    They are also trying to work out safe ways for our council recycling centres to reopen. It’s to fine a line to test the waters yet as we’re only just winning.
    Take care and stay safe
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

ATM I'm on 80% who knows if and how much it will drop to..

Quote Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
    ATM I'm on 80% who knows if and how much it will drop to..
    Same here keith. I was originally payed 80% by my company but as soon as the government came out with the furlough scheme they transfered me and 4 other guys over to it. Now the government are looking at dropping it to 60% and then a month or so down to 40% which will leave me in deep shite.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Sorry to hear about this Chris, I've been lucky, I only had 8 days off and then got asked back into work to drive the lorry, hope you don't have to sell any of your collection as you have some interesting rifles that may be hard to replace if you have to let them go.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I am still working but my company has furloughed over 300 people.

I’m not holding my breath for my job staying after the coming downturn that’s predicted

I managed to keep my rifles the previous 2 redundancies I have endured.

Not sure about this one if it happens!
    Master Debater

You are certainly not going to be alone in this possible situation so hopefully some new procedures will be instigated so that everyone can keep their houses and mortgages going without any added issues.
    One Hit Wonder

I really feel for anyone in this position.
    The wife and I are still working but my lad is on furlough but luckily living at home
    B.A.S.C. member

Same here keith. I was originally payed 80% by my company but as soon as the government came out with the furlough scheme they transfered me and 4 other guys over to it. Now the government are looking at dropping it to 60% and then a month or so down to 40% which will leave me in deep shite.
    Firstly, is this on the level? I'd heard and guessed that the furlough can't be open ended, but I'd not heard definitive figures and dates banded about. Secondly, mortgage lenders are under instruction to give lenders 'mortgage holidays' whilst this is ongoing, but you have to apply for it.

Hope it doesn't come down to having to sell off your collection.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If it really comes to that let me know, I'll give you £300 for that phoenix. I don't have a use for it so you can save a few quid by not posting it, and when you are square again you can buy it back off me for the same price, and that'll save me having to pay to post it back to you.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

As far as I can tell, there’s been no official announcement by the government to the affect that the furlough scheme is being cut back to 60%, what i have heard is that they might consider supporting a certain % of wages for people that are returning to work to help companies feather people back in although this was nothing official and just some politician talking on the tv a few days back, Pretty sure the official line at the moment is that furlough will remain at 80% until the end of June and then it will be reviewed and possibly extended...

not missed a day off work so far and the work just keeps coming in more than before the lockdown tbh

I think that they will be a few people in the same boat- cars too, thing is, others won’t want to buy as their future is also uncertain. Unfortunately for the U.K. things are going to be sold cheaply for 12 months.
    A Wise Man Can Act A Fool, A Fool Can Not Act Wise

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Sorry to hear about this Chris, I've been lucky, I only had 8 days off and then got asked back into work to drive the lorry, hope you don't have to sell any of your collection as you have some interesting rifles that may be hard to replace if you have to let them go.

Pete
    This is my 7th week. Lost 3k in wages so far.