Thread: Scorpion pistol sight adjustment problems

Scorpion pistol sight adjustment problems

Finally got the Mk2 Scorpion pistol out to do some shooting, but find it impossible to get the sights adjusted low enough to what I am aiming at.
    The front sight is adujsted up, and the rear blad is all the way down, but I still hit 10 cm too high at 7-8meters.
    The accuracy is quite good for a spring pistol, but it would be nice to have it hitting where I'm aiming!

Any ideas?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Finally got the Mk2 Scorpion pistol out to do some shooting, but find it impossible to get the sights adjusted low enough to what I am aiming at.
    The front sight is adujsted up, and the rear blad is all the way down, but I still hit 10 cm too high at 7-8meters.
    The accuracy is quite good for a spring pistol, but it would be nice to have it hitting where I'm aiming!

Any ideas?
    I often find this with pistols, the Slavia ZVP is an example.
    I think with the MK2 Scorpion sight you could either file a little off the top of the rearsight or elongate the holes that the 2 screws go in if the blade is on the lowest setting
    http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/bsa-...day-parts.html --scroll down to see the blade.

Another possible solution is to get another scrap foresight base and then cut a piece of steel or plastic to the height you want and glue it into the base.
    Last edited by ggggr; 12-05-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Cant set the rear blade lower, as the notch would disappear behind the sight base.
    The idea of an extra high front sight sound like a good solution!
    I have a couple of supersport sight bases, but they are probably too high?

Cant set the rear blade lower, as the notch would disappear behind the sight base.
    The idea of an extra high front sight sound like a good solution!
    I have a couple of supersport sight bases, but they are probably too high?
    I think the Supersport is the same foresight as the late Meteors or your Scorpion.. If you cannot find another sight that will fit/ or a damaged one then I guess you can adapt a base you have.

If a foresight is high--it will make the gun shoot lower and you can then adjust on the rear sight or take a little off the foresight post.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Yes, its the same sight base as the Supersport ans Mk5 meteor.
    I have some sight base risers from a Supersport Tactical, which rises the front sight base with 4-5mm's.
    It might be too high, but its worth a try!

The early Scorpion foresights came in a choice of four heights, marked I, II, III and IIII. I know Protek sell spares but are currently closed. Later Scorpions had a height adjustable foresight that can be raised or lowered, then secured in places by the foresight ramp retaining screw.

Hope that helps.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The early Scorpion foresights came in a choice of four heights, marked I, II, III and IIII. I know Protek sell spares but are currently closed. Later Scorpions had a height adjustable foresight that can be raised or lowered, then secured in places by the foresight ramp retaining screw.

Hope that helps.

John
    Thanks for the input, but my front sight is adjusted all the way up, and the rear sight is adjusted all the way down.
    And the pistol still shoots too high!

The front sight gets "wobbly" sideways when adjusted up, so I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks for the input, but my front sight is adjusted all the way up, and the rear sight is adjusted all the way down.
    And the pistol still shoots too high!

The front sight gets "wobbly" sideways when adjusted up, so I'd like to avoid that.
    I have 3 MkII Scorpions and they all have fixed sight blades. Are you sure somebody has not changed the sights on yours or could you have the model incorrect?

Hi,
    Also check your breach seal, if it’s worn the barrel sits high against the breach making it shoot high.
    I have in the past shimmed the breach seal to be slightly proud which lowers impact point.
    In worst cases, if it’s a shooter and not a minter, I have SLIGHTLY bent down the barrel in a vice with a steel tide over it, but I stress only a little is needed!
    I’ve managed to end up with 3 and they shoot great and make me smile every time I use them.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    I have 3 MkII Scorpions and they all have fixed sight blades. Are you sure somebody has not changed the sights on yours or could you have the model incorrect?
    Pretty sure I have the Mk right, but no way to be sure the previous owner didnt change anything.
    But the front and rear sights are both periodically correct for a late mk2.

With the sight riser under the front sight (as found on the Superstar and Supersport tactical) its finally possible to adjust the sights to hit where i aim

with the sight riser under the front sight (as found on the superstar and supersport tactical) its finally possible to adjust the sights to hit where i aim
    result!