I like Webley air pistols, the older ones like the Mk1, the Senior & the Premier, even the Junior. They all have an appeal. I also like the LP53 which I can shoot tighter groups with than either of the Webleys. Why can't I shoot a group equal to the LP53 with a Webley at the same range. I guess it's because the Walther is a target pistol; it has a good trigger, a long sight radius, clear sights etc so it's not really fair to cpmare the two. They were not designed to meet the same objectives.
But......is there anything that could be done to squeeze a bit more accuracy out of a Webley? I wonder?
I have a Premier with a fairly good trigger, it's not brilliant but it breaks consistently, & hasn't really any noticeable creep. So if I was to make any alterations to this pistol I don't think the trigger would be top of the list. The sights on the Webley are useable but a wider front sight blade would be a step in the right direction especially if it was in combination with a nice rear sight, one with a thicker blade than the Premier to enable it to be relieved to reduce flaring & improve the sight picture. The sight base couldnt be increased without increasing the overall length of the pistol. I don't really want to do that, but it could be done....I suppose an extendable sight could be fitted concealed in a rib, a bit like the one on some models of S&W 41. Then there is the barrel joint. The pivot on this one is pretty good & I guess it's braced when the barrel is locked down at the rear but could it move under recoil? Maybe. The gap between the end of the cylinder & the sides of the pivot lug could be shimmed, that might help consistent location from shot to shot. The rear of the barrel is a very loose fit in the cut out that receives it. There is quite a bit of space either side & that seems undesirable. The underside of the barrel could be set to rest on a neoprene button, with the idea that it pushes the barrel upwards when locked down by the stirrup catch. Additionally if I found a steel stirrup catch to modify, it could have a radius machined to the underside to match the radius of the barrel. This might give a positive & consistent lock up which theoretically might help things a bit.

This is more thoughts in progress rather than work in progress but has anyone "accurised" a Webley? If so was it worth it & what mod do you think was the most beneficial?