Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customised Webley Air Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    I quite like the look of the Premier with the longer barrel.
    Me too. They are very cool. Probably a bit pointless, but very cool.

This is the only customized Webley pistol that I have ever come across to date.

The steel frame has been very skilfully modified, and the grip panels fitted.
    The feel of the grip is very much like a S&W "K" frame revolver. (ie -- similar to the Crosman 38x series of revolver).

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardj View Post

The feel of the grip is very much like a S&W "K" frame revolver. (ie -- similar to the Crosman 38x series of revolver).
    That does look a comfortable pistol to use Len. The modification also looks to have been well made.

John

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardj View Post

Oh now that is very well done, I can imagine it improving the handling no end.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Oh now that is very well done, I can imagine it improving the handling no end.
    It's a pity Webley didn't provide the option of wooden grips in this country similar to the Stoeger ones exported to the U.S. on their post-war air pistols.
    Even if of the standard pattern they look far more attractive and if the shape was modified like this one, the handling could have no doubt also been improved.
    The first pre-war Juniors were originally sold with nice wooden grips quickly replaced with the ugly 'Tin Grip' alternative. As this was at a time when keeping manufacturing costs down was not as important as today, this decision would seem to have been a particularly retrograde step. I'm not a big fan of the later alloy framed Webley air pistols, but I believe they look so much better with just the addition of wooden grips.

Brian

hi all,not so much customised more pimped ,this was an black enameled premier that i had nickel plated,sorry to bore all those that have seen it before but i thought it belonged in this thread,cheers greasemonkey..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 29-05-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi all,not so much customised more pimped ,this was an black enameled premier that i had nickel plated,sorry to bore all those that have seen it before but i thought it belonged in this thread,cheers greasemonkey..
    Thats very nice, I like that, good work

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    I must admit I like this 'pimp's gun! Yes I know it's not factory original but a very attractive pistol, nonetheless.

John

I like that too. I shouldn’t, but I do. If Mexican gangsters owned Webley air pistols, they’d look like that.