Thread: For Those Missing Arms Fairs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John,
    I would certainly agree that we don't have much to thank the NRA for, especially their evidently profit lead and soulless attempts to manage Arms Fairs. Although the Kempton event is superb, I loved the surrounding ranges and great atmosphere that accompanied the Fairs when they were held at Bisley.
    I'm reminded of the occasions when the NRA have attempted to organise events which were supposed to unite shooters of all disciplines all of which ended in failure. The one thing we seem to lack in this country is a national organisation that represents and promotes all aspects shooting and gun ownership.
    Sorry about the rant, but its days like this when we should have been out enjoying ourselves at Bisley that I really reflect on these things.
    Brian
    No need to apologise Brian - I agree entirely with your sentiments. You never know, there may yet be a successful fair at Bisley when things return to normal.

John.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    No need to apologise Brian - I agree entirely with your sentiments. You never know, there may yet be a successful fair at Bisley when things return to normal.

John.
    Maybe only if they get Pete Liz and the crew to organise it. some great photos of rare guns at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Maybe only if they get Pete Liz and the crew to organise it. some great photos of rare guns at that one.
    Thank you for those kind words Micky and John has done us proud with photos of our Fairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Thank you for those kind words Micky and John has done us proud with photos of our Fairs.
    Hello Pete,
    I can't imagine a better combination for a successful Arms Fair than you and your team at the Bisley venue.
    Having said that, an open air Kempton event would be very welcome subject to the necessary restrictions.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Pete,
    I can't imagine a better combination for a successful Arms Fair than you and your team at the Bisley venue.
    Having said that, an open air Kempton event would be very welcome subject to the necessary restrictions.
    Brian
    My problem, if you can call it that, is that I am a collector first and my passion to put on a Fair at Bisley will not be the best financial move. Being asked to 'give it a go' is like playing football for Aldershot at the old Wembley Stadium.

Whilst you are renowned for your charm and patience Pete ,I'd give you about 10 minutes at an NSRA committee meeting.
    Other Committee meetings are available.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Whilst you are renowned for your charm and patience Pete ,I'd give you about 10 minutes at an NSRA committee meeting.
    Other Committee meetings are available.
    The NSRA Committee have discussed and approved this, in fact it was their idea. Positive thinking Patrick, that will get us to Wembley.