Thread: The Baikal Makarov Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I currently have
    98 (euro) blued (yet to see another)
    T99 blued
    T00 half nickel
    T02 (custom full polished with no serial numbers )
    T06 blued
    T12h half park
    T12h full blued
    T15 blued (has milled slide like 12h, unusual)
    T14 full nickel
    all with booklets etc bar the custom one.
    I've almost had every model to date and probably sold around 20-30 different ones over the years , I haven't had the latest gen 5 type one and the KGB that I've never seen before until now . Haven't collected for at least a few years but can't part with any .
    I also stock the spares and sell on the famous auction site for a few years now

Quote Originally Posted by eliano View Post
    I currently have
    98 (euro) blued (yet to see another)
    T99 blued
    T00 half nickel
    T02 (custom full polished with no serial numbers )
    T06 blued
    T12h half park
    T12h full blued
    T15 blued (has milled slide like 12h, unusual)
    T14 full nickel
    all with booklets etc bar the custom one.
    I've almost had every model to date and probably sold around 20-30 different ones over the years , I haven't had the latest gen 5 type one and the KGB that I've never seen before until now . Haven't collected for at least a few years but can't part with any .
    I also stock the spares and sell on the famous auction site for a few years now
    That's a nice little haul. I too have a T15 with the machined extractor slot and PMM sized original Bakelite grips, which I obtained from MWM in Germany. The pistol is also MGM marked just above the grip, which is a nice touch. I have also seen a T15 with the standard soft black grips that has the extractor slot, which suggests a batch of cut slides was used in 2015.

Does anyone know what the HWG DE markings mean on some slides? It's a fair assumption they had something to do with the German market but it would be nice to determine what the acronym means. Before anyone suggests Weihrauch - it's nothing to do with them as I have already asked them!

Kind regards,

John

It's an importer /safety mark I was led to believe , along with that hexagonal F that all German air pistols have to display, I have tried to avoid those ones as it ruins the looks

Quote Originally Posted by eliano View Post
    It's an importer /safety mark I was led to believe , along with that hexagonal F that all German air pistols have to display, I have tried to avoid those ones as it ruins the looks
    Hi Eliano,

Yes, I believe that is the case too but would still like to know what the initials signify.

The F in a pentagon was brought in during the early 1970s when the German airgun energy limit was reduced due to an increase in terrorism by groups such as the Baader Meinhof gang. I vaguely recall news broadcasts of the time but thought they used firearms rather than airguns though!

Kind regards,

John

Is there any notable difference in quality Over each version of makarov ? I used to have the nickel but sold it and regret my decision. Such a nice artefact

Quote Originally Posted by dwhite100 View Post
    Is there any notable difference in quality Over each version of makarov ? I used to have the nickel but sold it and regret my decision. Such a nice artefact
    Some say earlier models were better made but the difference between early and late Maks is not that vast. All are properly made from firearms grade materials and are easy to work on. A few features that early models did not have are: a discreet CO2 cartridge piercing screw, an enlarged muzzle to mimic a 9mm bore (purely cosmetic I know but it looks better) and narrower grips that resemble the PM more than earlier models did. Also, the magazine loading hole is 4.5mm wide on today's models and the follower can be locked in place whilst loading.

I like 'em all!

John