Thread: ProSport - Underlever / cocking link - loose cross pin

ProSport - Underlever / cocking link - loose cross pin

Have any of the assembled bods had a problem with the cross pin attaching the cocking link to the underlever, coming loose?

I re-centre it - finger and thumb squeeze - after every cocking action as it generally moves slightly.

Is this common & is there a known fix?

Cheers

Steve

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Stop immediately! I am not sure if you are talking about the same thing but anyway ...

Friend's ProSport had this problem, eventually he 'cocked it' except it wasn't cocked, it was just held on the anti-bear-trap, when he returned the cocking lever to its normal position the rifle fired, smashing the piston into the cocking lever and smashing the fore-end under the tip of the cocking lever.

To cure

1. Order a new bolt from Chambers, as the old one might have become stretched.
    2. Strip the rifle.
    3. Thoroughly check the hole in the sliding piston to make sure the threads are OK, and degrease.
    4. Degrease the new bolt.
    5. On reassembly use thread-lock on the bolt, and make sure it is tightened properly.

I think this is an altogether different issue - it sounds like the cocking shoe attachment problem.

Mine is much less problematic...just a pain to have to re centre a 'sloppy fit' cross pin on the Underlever/cocking link interface

Many thanks

Steve

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I think this is an altogether different issue - it sounds like the cocking shoe attachment problem.

Mine is much less problematic...just a pain to have to re centre a 'sloppy fit' cross pin on the Underlever/cocking link interface

Many thanks

Steve
    Ah, in that case

'it it wiv a 'ammer. and mushroom over the ends a tad.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm

Many thanks

Steve
    Sounds like the cross pin hole is either oversize, or has worn oval - which is a bit worrying. Neither of my 2 P-S have this problem,and they are both pre-2005. Suggest going on Chambers and getting a new block, cross pin and cocking shoe.I would not want to carry on trusting to re-centre the pin every time......

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Ah, in that case

'it it wiv a 'ammer. and mushroom over the ends a tad.
    I love the 'ol rivit' experience......

Prosport cocking link issue

I love the 'ol rivit' experience......
    Ok...the resurrection of an old thread, however after reading the Strip Down Part 2 of a ProSport in the latest Copy of Air Gunner...I saw that the Cross pin holding the cocking link to the cocking arm, should be held centred and captive buy a grub screw. Mine has been missing this screw from new- Problem solved...buy a suitable grub screw.

5 years of centring this pin prior to operation can stop as soon as the grub screw arrives.

Cheers Steve

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Well I've just checked mine and it's just pushed in, I can move mine with my fingers but it's never come right out before, I don't have no grub screw holding mine in, mine is a very early model though, so not sure if they ever added one later on in production?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Well I've just checked mine and it's just pushed in, I can move mine with my fingers but it's never come right out before, I don't have no grub screw holding mine in, mine is a very early model though, so not sure if they ever added one later on in production?

Pete
    I've got a feeling that the grub screw was added on later models...I got mine 5 years ago.
    I think that this grub screw has never been fitted...although the link is tapped to accept one.

Cheers Steve

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've got a feeling that the grub screw was added on later models...I got mine 5 years ago.
    I think that this grub screw has never been fitted...although the link is tapped to accept one.

Cheers Steve
    I just wonder if a little loctite on each end of the pin would hold it in place, I have to admit I've never had problems with mine.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in