Thread: Valuation on a Daystate Airwolf required.

Valuation on a Daystate Airwolf required.

A friend of mine wants to sell a good condition 0.177 cal recently serviced example of the above rifle and has asked me for advice regards a fair selling price.

I've not seen the rifle in question and have no photographs of it so I thought that I'd throw it open to the membership.

It's S/No MCT 3102, with two mags and recently service by Steve Harper. When was it made and what would be a fair price to ask for it ?

Thanks in advance for any useful input to the equation,

Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 25-05-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Calibre may have an effect on price.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    This one is on the Daystate data base, but it does not have a date with it. Based on it being MCT I assume it will have a screen?, and that makes a difference as an earlier one will be worth about £60/70 less at least. So I can't give an age on it without contacting Daystate, but if it's early then it's more like 10/12 years old, and even the later ones will be at least 4 years old by now, so condition and the service will be of more interest to people than the actual age as they were the same gun after the screens were fitted right up till they were discontinued as far as I'm aware.

So in good nick and with service paperwork I'd have thought around the £700/750 mark would be about right, and closer to £550/600 for an early one with no screen which will be the best part of 12/14 years old by now.

At the end of the day it's only worth what people will pay, but I'd reckon I'm fairly close with these.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

It's in 0.177 cal, thanks for pointing that out omission out to me I. J.

Vic Thompson.

As a private seller, with no comeback for the buyer, I’d say £600 if you’ve got a full, verifiable history for it.. Or £500 without..
    RFDs will sell for more, because they’re bound by selling laws and obligations. And most will give a limited warranty on Airwolf..
    Where be your gibes now? Your songs? Your gambols? Miserable bugger!

£650/£750 Depending how quick a sale needed, The service is the biggest bonus to most buyers, Nothing shoots like a electronic daystate,

i would say £500+
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

I sold a 2013 .177 MCT last Spring which I bought about 18 months earlier. I took it to the factory for a full service at just under £250. It had a Hugget shroud and silencer fitted.
    I advertised it on here for £750 and if I remember correctly it sold for about £650.
    Vic, if you have a look at my "Started Threads" you can see it for comparison.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 02-07-2020 at 01:24 PM.