Thread: Mrs. Carter's Diana/Original 75

Mrs. Carter's Diana/Original 75

Hello to All,

As you can never have too many photos of match rifles

Following on the photo's of Rob's new LH Diana/Original 75, here are some of Mrs. Carter's '75 that Mr. Carter (Robin) bespoked.

( Mrs. Carter is a very accomplished international shooter )

Have fun & a good Bank Holiday Monday

Best regards

Russ

I'm just lacking the nail varnish & pink jacket, then i'm good to go...

Thanks for sharing the photos

Rob,

I am sure that would allow you to squeeze an extra few points on top

Have fun & a good Bank Holiday Monday

Best regards

Russ

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

replica

thanks Russ

Her "original" Original 75 was the first one in the UK, which she shot Internationally for several years, it was like the "original broom" in that the action was changed twice, as it used to jam when open, (always during a match!) so it ended with its third action! She won her first International medals with it, used it for several years, and it had a place in her heart.

When she changed to a Walther LGR we sold it, then many years later spent 10 years trying to find it, advertising on here, and with many people searching, (nostalgic old farts!).
    We failed, so I built a replica, using an original first year model, and did the same mods as I did on the first one, shorter stock, shorter trigger reach and weight in the butt. The stickers were the most difficult bit, replicating from blown up pictures of the original one!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Great story Robin, thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    thanks Russ

Her "original" Original 75 was the first one in the UK, which she shot Internationally for several years, it was like the "original broom" in that the action was changed twice, as it used to jam when open, (always during a match!) so it ended with its third action! She won her first International medals with it, used it for several years, and it had a place in her heart.

When she changed to a Walther LGR we sold it, then many years later spent 10 years trying to find it, advertising on here, and with many people searching, (nostalgic old farts!).
    We failed, so I built a replica, using an original first year model, and did the same mods as I did on the first one, shorter stock, shorter trigger reach and weight in the butt. The stickers were the most difficult bit, replicating from blown up pictures of the original one!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Sounds like a real labour of love. Looks great.