Thread: b p pistol cheap shooting

b p pistol cheap shooting

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    Yup, I have a set of 12 of the proper items, given away with some stuff I bought in Springfield a few years back. They work perfectly. All you need is to show that you have the authorisation to buy small pistol primers...in this country, that just might be a problem if you don't have an entry on your FAC showing that you already have a centrefire revolver of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Yup, I have a set of 12 of the proper items, given away with some stuff I bought in Springfield a few years back. They work perfectly. All you need is to show that you have the authorisation to buy small pistol primers...in this country, that just might be a problem if you don't have an entry on your FAC showing that you already have a centrefire revolver of some kind.
    just curious tac...
    i have authority for the primers just wanted to know if they was any issues in using this method

just curious tac...
    i have authority for the primers just wanted to know if they was any issues in using this method
    None at all that I can see. They were made for a market where #10 or #11 percussion caps are not always readily available. Surprisingly, especially where BP supplies are concerned in the US of A, not everything is on tap all the time - sometimes, not at all.

None at all that I can see. They were made for a market where #10 or #11 percussion caps are not always readily available. Surprisingly, especially where BP supplies are concerned in the US of A, not everything is on tap all the time - sometimes, not at all.
    thats my biggest issue with the 1858. Loading the caps on the nipples.
    I wont alter the shape of the pocket to accept a primer dispencer though i have heard a polish company one does work

thats my biggest issue with the 1858. Loading the caps on the nipples. I wont alter the shape of the pocket to accept a primer dispencer though i have heard a polish company one does work
    Didn't know that, me. Can you give any more details? They work just fine on my ROA.

I have a nitro-conversion Uberti 1858 Remington and Ruger Old Army that have necessarily had their cylinders modified to use 209 shotgun primers. These are much cheaper, easier to fit and more reliable than caps. Although it would not be practicable to modify a standard BP revolver in this way, I'm aware that replacement nipples are available to directly replace the standard nipples and have been made to accept 209 shotgun primers. I'm not sure how well these replacement nipples work, but they would seem to represent something a bit more permanent than the idea suggested in the video for the non-purists amongst us.
    Brian

Didn't know that, me. Can you give any more details? They work just fine on my ROA.
    https://www.polishcappers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I have a nitro-conversion Uberti 1858 Remington and Ruger Old Army that have necessarily had their cylinders modified to use 209 shotgun primers. These are much cheaper, easier to fit and more reliable than caps. Although it would not be practicable to modify a standard BP revolver in this way, I'm aware that replacement nipples are available to directly replace the standard nipples and have been made to accept 209 shotgun primers. I'm not sure how well these replacement nipples work, but they would seem to represent something a bit more permanent than the idea suggested in the video for the non-purists amongst us.
    Brian
    might give it a go as sometimes its easier to get a condom on a beach ball me putting caps

Thank you - not for me - I only have the one BP revolver now - but for anybody else in our club who might be contemplating the same thing as you are.

might give it a go as sometimes its easier to get a condom on a beach ball me putting caps
    Replacement primer pocket nipple replacements available here.

As I say, I haven't tried these myself, but can recommend the use of 209 shotgun primers over conventional percussion caps if possible.

http://www.aandagunsmiths.co.uk/accessories/

Brian