Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The new and improved alternative Boinger Bash 2020

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

The new and improved alternative Boinger Bash 2020

Right chaps enough procrastination.

Date: 14th and 15th August

Definitely, otherwise it'll be 12th. and 13th. September so put both dates in your diary.

The cost: pretty much the same as it's always been.

What's improved? I hear you ask? Well we've just picked up another free dining table from the road side so the bench has doubled in length. Plus, coleslaw, there'll be free coleslaw.

If you've paid a deposit and can't make it, let me know and I'll send it back.

More announcements to follow.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Boing --- get you some of that, TonybloodyL.

Well done Dave .
    I should be able to make this one .
    I will await the details.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Boing --- get you some of that, TonybloodyL.
    Heeheehee!

BOING!

New and improved, Dave? So a Bash with more BOING!

Can we have the spring and Zeb gifs please, Graham, Mick & Pauly?

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'll come down on the Wednesday mate (12th)and give you a hand.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Cheers Dave, I'll promote you to head bash bitch.
    Smell my cheese

Would love to attend one of these bashes but unfortunately too far away for me, this lockdown has really taught me to use my free time more and I will as soon as I possibly can, just hope the welsh government announce some slackening off of the lockdown tomorrow, my Hw80 needs to be fed some lead...

Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    Would love to attend one of these bashes but unfortunately too far away for me, this lockdown has really taught me to use my free time more and I will as soon as I possibly can, just hope the welsh government announce some slackening off of the lockdown tomorrow, my Hw80 needs to be fed some lead...
    Be great to catch you at a Bash, sir. Maybe when our lovely little gathering returns to its conceptual home at an easier-for-you-to-access Quigley Hollow near Nuneaton?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Gina's brother, David, was in touch yesterday, Dave. Looks like he can make this one. Not sure if Gina's coming too?

General info:

The pub have graciously once again agreed to provide camping at ten pounds per night. Their is a water stand point and 24 hour access to toilets.

They have also agreed to us parking on the camping field.

The pub is approximately 100 yards from our house.

There are various other options for accommodation, there is a more luxurious campsite just down the road and there are numerous benefits and bs locally.

There are numerous eating venues nearby, plenty of takeaways also.

Dog's are welcome in the pub and at mine. They must be on leads at all times, currently we have lambs behind us.

We have very limited parking. This will be available for up to 4 vehicles with owners who have mobility issues. This needs to be via prior arrangement.

Roadside parking even for dropping off is respectfully not allowed. We live on a dangerous bend.

The cost for the weekend is twenty pounds. This covers the cost of the toilet hire and catering. Anything left over will be spent on strippers.

The range will be available from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening.

We will have a mostly covered bench, the length of which will be governed by the number of confirmed attendees. If you don't let me know you're coming, please practice your standing shots.

Please pray for good weather, I do not have a 100yd long purpose built shelter.

Any sub 12ftlbs air rifle is allowable. The firing of live ammo, blanks or at blanks is not allowed. We have neighbours who understand my quirks. I don't want to upset them and risk never being able to do this again. I also have two dogs, one of whom will shit copiously in your sleeping bag if you make him nervous. I may assist with this process.

Shooting will be allowed during the hours of daylight.

Significant noise at our gaff will have to finish at midnight. Our location is different to Micks.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

So Dave, I've never been to a bash before, what can I expect?

I'm glad you asked. Primarily a bash is what you want it to be. There are several well known attendees who's approach I'll try and sum up. I'll change the names to protect the innocent.

George, comes, sits down lays his guns out and shoots targets. All day, every day and only gets up to have a cup of tea.

Ringo turns up at some part of the day, having slept off the night before. Has a chat, might shoot a few off. Mostly wanders the bench chewing the fat with other like minded individuals until exhausted, he'll sit down, borrow a complete strangers rifle and has a few more, naturally talented shots.

Paul is a natural at hitting the bucket, standing with a springer, open sights and through the fog of "old darkish" rolling tobacco. Paul stops frequently to hurl abuse at any random passer by.

John arrives with toolkit, oscilloscope and accelerometers. While you've gone for a leak, he's stripped your k98 and it now shoots like sweaty baby oil sliding off Kiki's derriere down at the pink pussy cat club.

Pete turns up with as many rifles as will fit his truck. They will be stunning examples of what the tuning world can achieve. Other shooters will gather round and fondle these works of art. Sharing is very much the name of the game.

Kids are welcome, providing they're adequately supervised. If not, we throw them on the fire later.

On that note, there's no charge for non shooting partners or kids.

There are also many that simply like to bring their curiosities out for a play.

I hope that helps?

The evenings Dave, tell me about the evenings?

Ah, well here I have to be coy. What happens at the bash stays at the bash, apart from the stuff on YouTube obviously.

Again, whatever you want. There'll be a fire lit, you can sit round with a brew, your dinner or anything that takes your fancy. You can wander off to the pub, or have dinner at your tent. Kids and partners are more than welcome. Or, you can retire home for the night and turn up sensibly sober the next day.

We loves a good yarn and occasionally we have professional musicians to entertain.

Basically the bash is a social event for like minded shooters of airguns. Whether it be a fifty quid smk or a bank busting whizzer, they're all equally at home at the bash. There's no competition, so no pressure. Come and share, learn, teach, it's all about you.

Now I must get the dogs walked.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Confirmed attendees:

Unframed Dave
    Trumpetier
    Smell my cheese

Thumbs up

I will have to let you know Dave as I don't know what's happening workwise
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I have booked in new dates for time off so will be attending
    Any news on when bell target will restart?
    Let me know If you need any help or targets for the bash
    Waveneyshootingclub.org

Quote Originally Posted by big rob View Post
    I have booked in new dates for time off so will be attending
    Any news on when bell target will restart?
    Let me know If you need any help or targets for the bash
    Good man, thanks for the offer, may need help with targets. Might also need some help clearing up at the end, think we're covered setting up. Who knows yet? Early days.

No news on bell target as of yet. Keep an eye on the website or Facebook page.

Cheers

Dave
    Smell my cheese