So Dave, I've never been to a bash before, what can I expect?

I'm glad you asked. Primarily a bash is what you want it to be. There are several well known attendees who's approach I'll try and sum up. I'll change the names to protect the innocent.

George, comes, sits down lays his guns out and shoots targets. All day, every day and only gets up to have a cup of tea.

Ringo turns up at some part of the day, having slept off the night before. Has a chat, might shoot a few off. Mostly wanders the bench chewing the fat with other like minded individuals until exhausted, he'll sit down, borrow a complete strangers rifle and has a few more, naturally talented shots.

Paul is a natural at hitting the bucket, standing with a springer, open sights and through the fog of "old darkish" rolling tobacco. Paul stops frequently to hurl abuse at any random passer by.

John arrives with toolkit, oscilloscope and accelerometers. While you've gone for a leak, he's stripped your k98 and it now shoots like sweaty baby oil sliding off Kiki's derriere down at the pink pussy cat club.

Pete turns up with as many rifles as will fit his truck. They will be stunning examples of what the tuning world can achieve. Other shooters will gather round and fondle these works of art. Sharing is very much the name of the game.

Kids are welcome, providing they're adequately supervised. If not, we throw them on the fire later.

On that note, there's no charge for non shooting partners or kids.

There are also many that simply like to bring their curiosities out for a play.

I hope that helps?

The evenings Dave, tell me about the evenings?

Ah, well here I have to be coy. What happens at the bash stays at the bash, apart from the stuff on YouTube obviously.

Again, whatever you want. There'll be a fire lit, you can sit round with a brew, your dinner or anything that takes your fancy. You can wander off to the pub, or have dinner at your tent. Kids and partners are more than welcome. Or, you can retire home for the night and turn up sensibly sober the next day.

We loves a good yarn and occasionally we have professional musicians to entertain.

Basically the bash is a social event for like minded shooters of airguns. Whether it be a fifty quid smk or a bank busting whizzer, they're all equally at home at the bash. There's no competition, so no pressure. Come and share, learn, teach, it's all about you.

Now I must get the dogs walked.

Dave