Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The new and improved alternative Boinger Bash 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ouch!. Sorry to hear that, Gary. I hope a day or two of springy therapy brings relief.
    Thanks for asking Tony.

I'm not so bad if I get moving and loosen up a bit but first thing in the morning I can hardly move but I have my exercises to help me.
    With the drive being nearly 5 hours I may take a while to get mobile but I'll be able to manage.
    If it wasn't for this bloody virus I could have picked you up and driven you to "The Bash" as you're practically on route and there's no Emma with me this time so there'd be some space.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    That's great Dave, it's taken a weight off my mind (and my back).
    Have you recovered from your back injury?
    It was my shoulder and pretty much. It's still there, but I managed a fair old swim on Monday.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Thanks for asking Tony.

I'm not so bad if I get moving and loosen up a bit but first thing in the morning I can hardly move but I have my exercises to help me.
    With the drive being nearly 5 hours I may take a while to get mobile but I'll be able to manage.
    If it wasn't for this bloody virus I could have picked you up and driven you to "The Bash" as you're practically on route and there's no Emma with me this time so there'd be some space.
    Feel for you, Gary, and I know / appreciate the issues with back problems matey. I know it'd slow the (already long) journey down somewhat, but wonder if a "stretch break" every sorta 90 minutes might help a little?

Lovely thought re the lift, sir. But, alas, many factors contriving against me on this one.

Have yourself a great one and take it easy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

[/img][IMG] [/IMG]
    And a springy splash of colour for this page, too.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    It was my shoulder and pretty much. It's still there, but I managed a fair old swim on Monday.

Dave
    I remember now, I don't know why I thought it was your back.
    I hate swimming (probably because I'm crap at it) but it helped my back when on holiday a few years ago in the sea.
    I'm going to be setting off quite early in the morning so with a bit of luck I should be there before lunch.
    Looking forward to seeing you all.

I also hate it. Boring slog for me. I was swimming a mile in an hour twice a week. Going to take me a month or so to get back to that distance.

Thing is, it helps everything. Joints, back, lung capacity, heart, mobility, strength, the lot.

And I get to eat a cake afterwards.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    I need to go over to Nuneaton, I could always collect Ethel for you Les ��
    Ethel went walkabouts earlier this week, I thought she was making her way to Norfolk but it's been on the news this morning that she's back at her home in Doncaster.
    I hope I'm not the only one that saw the "Ethel the emu" story in the news. if I am I need to reduce my medication.

I also hate it. Boring slog for me. I was swimming a mile in an hour twice a week. Going to take me a month or so to get back to that distance.

Thing is, it helps everything. Joints, back, lung capacity, heart, mobility, strength, the lot.

And I get to eat a cake afterwards.

Dave
    That's my problem, I used to be quite physical but since I took this job on the hours didn't allow me to leep up the exercise but I still eat the same, so from 2006 my weight has gradually gone from 12st to where I am now which is fluctuating between 17 and 18st.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I know you will all have a great time there over at Dave’s place, it’s lovely. I had planned to be there but things changed for me over the past few months so had to give it a miss.
    Sorry to hear of your woes Tone, best you rest up matey and get yourself back to some kind of normality.
    I’m guessing Trumpetier has already landed ? Gonna miss ya this time mate
    Safe journey’s everyone and have fun.
    Gary: I saw the Ethel the Emu story so you have at least one witness to confirm you aren’t going mad
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Plenty of benches, nobody needs to bring any.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Plenty of benches, nobody needs to bring any.

Dave
    Nice one Dave ldwink.
    Les..

Mines already packed and at the bottom of my boot so it's committed to coming.
    I'll be leaving at about 4am so I will see you in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I know you will all have a great time there over at Dave’s place, it’s lovely. I had planned to be there but things changed for me over the past few months so had to give it a miss.
    Sorry to hear of your woes Tone, best you rest up matey and get yourself back to some kind of normality.
    I’m guessing Trumpetier has already landed ? Gonna miss ya this time mate
    Safe journey’s everyone and have fun.
    Gary: I saw the Ethel the Emu story so you have at least one witness to confirm you aren’t going mad
    I do hope everything's okay at your end, Pauly. As you say, I bet it's lovely at Dave's and I was really looking forward to it, as always. Missing everyone already. And safe journeys and good boings to all.

Any reports of strange animal behaviour from the local livestock keepers, Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Any reports of strange animal behaviour from the local livestock keepers, Dave?
    The Middlesbrough marauder was tucked up safely by Mike last night. Poor little sausage was worn out. Sun's out though and it won't be long before the whips a cracking. Today's another day as they say.

Dave
    Smell my cheese