Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: The new and improved alternative Boinger Bash 2020

A big thank you to Dave Verity and family for putting on a fantastic event,in such lovely surroundings.
    I had a great time Shooting and talking with the Boinger folks,and had a go with some of Nick’s reduced cylinder converted guns,very nice they were too.Thank’s also to Daz and the lads for being such good company :cool.
    Regarding the comments about why are we all meeting up in the current situation.It was a personal decision by everyone who attended and The generous hosts who put on a very safe event for everyone to enjoy.And yes it means a lot to me personally to meet up with my Boinger friends.
    Regards
    Les..

I hope the remaining Boingerati have been enjoying a lovely, chilled Bash Sunday.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thank you so much Dave and Verity for putting on this superb event. Much appreciated indeed. Fantastic meeting up with friends again and for the record, all covid precautions set up perfectectly.

#Hobbies do matter !!!

Well, been back home an hour and unpacked the van. Superb weekend and as said a big thankyou to Dave and Verity for hosting the event. All necessary precautions taken given the current circumstances and a well organised event.

Great to see everyone again!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Thanks for hosting this Dave & Verity...

Very well organised and safely controlled, and great to meet up with everyone again. There's a real risk of going completely insane with all this confinement, and this was the perfect antidote.

Thanks all, JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Myself and Ronster had a thoroughly good time this weekend. Many thanks to Dave and Verity orgsnising and hosting the event, we really appreciated the amount of effort you have put in to make it run smoothly and also the use of your garden etc. Even the weather decided to behave itself too, considering what the weather forecast was earlier in the week
    It was really nice to meet up with everyone again, it sure is a great mix of people.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Thanks to everyone for the amazing effort made to get here. The distances travelled are remarkable for the chance to sit in someone's garden and shoot tin chickens.

Everyone who attends the bash knows it goes way beyond shooting a few targets. What uncle Mick created all those years ago is everything to do with friendship, camaraderie, company and the simple shared joy of an activity which brings us together.

A few new attendees joined us over the weekend and simply couldn't believe the atmosphere and friendliness of the event. They've already signed up for the next one.

We also had a couple of real youngsters come along for a while yesterday morning that shoot bell target with us. They had the chance to shoot a couple of break barrels, a makarov, ak47, a10 mtr target pistol and had a go with Sean's mega ft rig. After the inactivity of the lock down and losing their football team, they had a whale of a time.

I personally have had a great time over the weekend and it's really opened my eyes to the amount of effort Mick has put in over the years. Thank you sir.

A few other thanks are needed. Firstly, my wife, not many would put up with 30 people trudging through their house and garden for a weekend in the name of airguns, particularly considering she has never fired a shot in her life. She covered so many points that I wouldn't have considered in the name of keeping everyone safe. Thanks also to Dave and Mike for all your help setting up, it really took the weight off. Also to those who made the job of clearing up so much more painless. Really appreciated.

Over the course of the weekend we raised sixty pounds which will be split between the village hall who lent us the tables for the bench and the church who have run a scheme to help locals in the vulnerable category throughout this dreadful situation. Thanks to everyone for their generous support.

The icing on the cake came last night when we wearily wandered over to the pub to pay the camping bill and Geoff and Lorraine the owners very generously donated half of the money to our bell target club. This event really does bring out the best in people, especially considering the awful year they have had business wise. This was a huge shock to us.

Finally, a quick word about the weather. Following four weeks of absolutely scorching weather, the clouds rolled in Friday morning and I thought we had a disaster on our hands. The rain pretty well stayed off all week end while we were shooting and we only got a little damp while sitting around the fire. Last night though as we stood waiting to get in the pub, it went black and the heavens opened, thunder, lightning, the lot. Someone was keeping their fingers crossed for us somewhere.

Thanks all, stay well and here's to the next one.

Dave
    Last edited by Unframed Dave; 17-08-2020 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Spilling
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the amazing effort made to get here. The distances travelled are remarkable for the chance to sit in someone's garden and shoot tin chickens.

Everyone who attends the bash knows it goes way beyond shooting a few targets. What uncle Mick created all those years ago is everything to do with friendship, camaraderie, company and the simple shared joy of an activity which brings us together.

A few new attendees joined us over the weekend and simply couldn't believe the atmosphere and friendliness of the event. They've already signed up for the next one.

We also had a couple of real youngsters come along for a while yesterday morning that shoot bell target with us. They had the chance to shoot a couple of break barrels, a makarov, ak47, a10 mtr target pistol and had a go with Sean's mega ft rig. After the inactivity of the lock down and losing their football team, they had a whale of a time.

I personally have had a great time over the weekend and it's really opened my eyes to the amount of effort Mick has put in over the years. Thank you sir.

A few other thanks are needed. Firstly, my wife, not many would put up with 30 people trudging through their house and garden for a weekend in the name of airguns, particularly considering she has never fired a shot in her life. She covered so many points that I wouldn't have considered in the name of keeping everyone safe. Thanks also to Dave and Mike for all your help setting up, it really took the weight off. Also to those who made the job of clearing up so much more painless. Really appreciated.

Over the course of the weekend we raised sixty pounds which will be split between the village hall who lent us the tables for the bench and the church who have run a scheme to help locals in the vulnerable category throughout this dreadful situation. Thanks to everyone for their generous support.

The icing on the cake came last night when we wearily wandered over to the pub to pay the camping bill and Geoff and Lorraine the owners very generously donated half of the money to our bell target club. This event really does bring out the best in people, especially considering the awful year they have had business wise. This was a huge shock to us.

Finally, a quick word about the weather. Following four weeks of absolutely scorching weather, the clouds rolled in Friday morning and I thought we had a disaster on our hands. The rain pretty well stayed off all week end while we were shooting and we only got a little damp while sitting around the fire. Last night though as we stood waiting to get in the pub, it went black and the heavens opened, thunder, lightning, the lot. Someone was keeping their fingers crossed for us somewhere.

Thanks all, stay well and here's to the next one.

Dave
    So pleased this went well Dave, well done and very generous in both time and spirit
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

[/img][IMG] [/IMG]
    Brilliant and beautifully summed up, Dave. A superb demonstration of The Spirit of The Boing.

You did The Bash proud, as we knew you would.

Very, very well done to all and I look forward to seeing everyone at the next one, whether it be Quigley Hollow or Quigley Broads.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Things I have gained :

A white plug in phone charger and lead.

Possibly the plastic end off a moderator.

If you're missing either item, let me know.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Well, I've just arrived home after a very stressful week but I do wish I could have stopped longer at the do than the hour i had there. It looked to be just my scene with like minded people . if there is another Event organised by Dave, I'm going to attempt the full time. It was a little disappointing though in that Dave showed me a couple of items that really stirred up my collectors instincts and he wouldn't let me leave with them.

many thanks to all concerned

And an honourable mention to John ( Shed Tuner) for delivering the bits I wanted.

The phone charger has been claimed but I've discovered a blue folding chair.
    Smell my cheese

Has everybody left now?

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    ...but I've discovered a blue folding chair.
    It doesn't have any horsey hair stuck to it, does it?

Massive thank you to Dave and verity for a wonderful weekend spent with great people x.