Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The new and improved alternative Boinger Bash 2020

And a timely boingy-uppy from the foot of the page.

How we doing peeps?

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    Sorted it.👍

[/img][IMG] [/IMG]
    Page 2?

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Spoke to work last week after speaking with the cardio people who had said to stay off for a little longer if possible. Work ok'd it. Boss rang earlier to ask if July 1st will be okay for re-start. Said yep (as long as the R thingy doesn't go flying up to silly levels after some easing and social non-distancing protests / gatherings).

So, back at work in about three weeks. Must get some more boingery plinkies in. I was on a bit of a roll with some springy action up to a couple of weeks ago, but it sorta got curtailed.

Pass stamped for a little play tomorrow.

BOING!

Funnily enough, Tone, I was just talking to my neighbour about my Dad's cardiologist earlier --- Gerry McCann.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'm good for August Dave. I'll pack the oscilloscope. And the plasma cutter... just in case.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Funnily enough, Tone, I was just talking to my neighbour about my Dad's cardiologist earlier --- Gerry McCann.
    Not sure how to reply to that one, Mick. Poor bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I'm good for August Dave..
    Be great to see you again, JB.

BOING!

Don't think I'll be getting a plink in today.

'Cos I got a little sesh in yesterday!

Now, down the garden I'll tend not to use the "better" ones other than initial sighting-in, chrono check etc. During the lockdown I first used the CO2 PPK and 2240s for low effort shooting. The Air Arms S410 did get a little airing mainly to check it's okay, but I fell asleep with boredom after a few shots. The Mercury S has had a few sessions, my old '35's been out for a play, HW40 & 45 and the Tempest also came out for some pistol fun.

After a little "eeny, meeny" to-ing and fro-ing yesterday I grabbed one of my 77s. A freebie back in '09 and admittedly abused by the previous owner. Stripped and fettled in early 2010 and fitted a V-Mach kit. And in 2014 I fitted the synthetic TH stock after falling in love with Chris Allum's. And you lovely Boingerpeeps chipped in and bought me the stock. And Uncle Mick made me a little front stock screw bush (it's a Mark 1). Thanks chaps; love ya.

Had a most enjoyable session with this super-sweet shooting full length .22. I've always shot Superdomes through it. But yesterday I also put some FTTs and JSB RS through it and they're both even better. Will have to try at longer range to decide for sure, but think I'll be switching to the FTTs for this gun.

Loved every second of it yesterday. And, although I enjoy all my guns (especially the HWs), if I were ever backed into choosing just one rifle (eh?), the 77 would be it.

BOING!

Well, muted thud anyway.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I've just had a bit of a sesh Tone. As you know, I've hardly had a shot since lockdown started. 2 months on and I'm feeling up to it.

I ventured out with a rather snazzy 35e, which according to Micks numbers left the factory about 40 years ago. Replete with period Parker Hale platted leather sling and period Simmons scope in matt crackle, it looks the bollocks.

It's quite a snappy action and the trigger needs some attention as the first stage has been completely wound out. Anyway after thirty shots (getting painful towards the end) I was pretty happy with the zero.

Wandered in with it slung across my shoulder and gave the end of the stupidly long barrel a sharp whack on the top of the door frame.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Very heartening to hear that you felt up for some boingery therapy, Dave. A sure sign that you're getting there.

Did you take that door frame off when you whacked if? Hence the user name?

First stage is an easy fix on that front tab, Dave. Be sure to check the breech seal. And, if you fancy a fettling session, do as Uncle Mick has advised the many '35 tinkerers - go for a later, lighter piston and synthetic seal. More stroke too. It really helped my old 1970 one. I haven't gone as far as sleeving the TP down as suggested as I'm more than happy with it. Plus I'm useless!

A nice spring and guide set and sorted.

Hope your recovery continues at pace.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    It was bloody good to get back to LVAGC Saturday. The Nick G TX200 was spot on after the long lay-off. Just a shame it pissed down after the first hour
    Pete

Great to hear that you managed to spring back into action, Pete.

Go on then, remind us what spec the TX is.

Upski with a little boingy.

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    It's a 21mm conversion with an 0 ring seal Tone in a CS700 stock
    Pete

Ooh, having sampled a fair few of Nick's delicacies over the years, I bet that's lovely.