Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The new and improved alternative Boinger Bash 2020

Cool Wabbits, wabbits, wabbits!

'Tis the first of a month again, peeps, so very best wishes and the best of luck to all you lovely peeps.

And half the year gone, eh? Where did that go?

Hope you're all okay.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

[/img][IMG] [/IMG]
    Piccy Boing for the new page.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers, Pauly.

Just hoping them punters behave! Last month, sales customers were, apparently, only to come in on an appointment basis only. But even then they've been apparently coming in and, rather than waiting outside, have been queuing up in the showroom demanding attention on a "me, me, me, serve me, I'm more important basis"...... So we'll have to see. I think we're supposedly "back to normal but with social distancing" from today. But bike shops aren't like car showrooms and tend to be buzzier and with people using them to meet their mates. Hoping they behave as I can see me wanting to throttle 'em if they don't!

A very wary Tone.......
    So, got to work this morning and, I must say, after seeing how some of the muppets behave in supermarkets......what a refreshing change. Plenty of space, hand gel, gloves and masks for any staff & customers to use, plenty of signage etc and all customers & staff behaving and keeping distance. Feel much more at ease now.

Any projects on the go, peeps?

BOING!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So, got to work this morning and, I must say, after seeing how some of the muppets behave in supermarkets......what a refreshing change. Plenty of space, hand gel, gloves and masks for any staff & customers to use, plenty of signage etc and all customers & staff behaving and keeping distance. Feel much more at ease now.
    That’s good to hear Tone. It must have been tough going back after a long spell off work and I understand the apprehension. Let’s hope the customers continue to stay sensible.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Cheers MyLittlePaulyBoy.

So far, so good.

Bit weird getting used to these early morning starts, though.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    OK chaps, numbers at the moment don't warrant me booking portaloos. Our plumbing can cope as it stands.

If I don't book any however and there are a lot of extra attendees we are going to struggle.

I appreciate it's difficult to commit at the moment, but even if you are planning on getting here should the covid situation allows, it would be good to know.

Toilets and planning the bench are the main issues, everything else can be sorted nearer the time.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

If you are looking for "confirms" it is still ln my diary. Do we need to hone our knot tying skills in case there are no loos?

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    If you are looking for "confirms" it is still ln my diary. Do we need to hone our knot tying skills in case there are no loos?
    You can get a knot in it ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Is it worth starting a sales thread on the sales section, or don't we think numbers will be sufficient for suitable interest?

I'm starting an inventory check and a down size is imminent...

I'm going to watch the Covid situation and make a decision nearer to the time. It's only a few weeks away and with lots of people about to get unleashed this weekend, we may be in for some disappointment before long (hopefully not). While I'm not too concerned about myself getting ill, my mum is high risk so I have to consider the likelihood of me transmitting anything.

Weird and worrying transitional times and hoping this easing doesn't all end in tears.

Barring disaster and an upsurge, The Zeb'll be there, Dave.

BOING!

There's a public toilets just down the road it will keep everyone fit or we will have too pop in the pub but you have to by a pint every time you use the facilities
    What targets are allowed if I get time I will make something up got a couple of boxes of chalk that give off a cloud when you shoot through a 10mm hole
    Just finished a roll round machine so got a box of mints which shatter when hit usually use hot melt glue too stick them on to golf tees or a piece of old pallet slat
    The other target what brings the big kid out in people is the five a day challenge where we hang various fruit and vegetables out a 50yrds and try to destroy them grapes are fun as they vaporize
    Any other ideas for targets
    Waveneyshootingclub.org

Those target ideas sound wonderfully entertaining, Rob.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by big rob View Post
    There's a public toilets just down the road it will keep everyone fit or we will have too pop in the pub but you have to by a pint every time you use the facilities
    What targets are allowed if I get time I will make something up got a couple of boxes of chalk that give off a cloud when you shoot through a 10mm hole
    Just finished a roll round machine so got a box of mints which shatter when hit usually use hot melt glue too stick them on to golf tees or a piece of old pallet slat
    The other target what brings the big kid out in people is the five a day challenge where we hang various fruit and vegetables out a 50yrds and try to destroy them grapes are fun as they vaporize
    Any other ideas for targets
    Cheers Rob, anything goes. The emphasis is on fun but nothing bangy due to my wuss of a dog.

Dave
    Smell my cheese