Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Dyson Airguns

Tim Dyson Airguns

I've been speaking with Tim and his website has just been updated, so it is now Mac and mobile friendly.

Seems a lot quicker too.

The guns on the website are a fraction of the stock Tim usually brings to arms fairs, so if there is something you're after specifically, it's worth giving Tim a call.

I've done just that and Tim has come up trumps on more than one occasion.

I'm looking forward to seeing old guns in the flesh at the next fair but it's worth remembering that Tim can post prewar guns to your door during the lockdown.

John

Tim Dyson Airguns

I'm looking forward to attending the next one which I assume will be in September now. There was discussion of possibly hosting one in the field where social distancing can work. But its a case where we will have to wait and see.

Asap

I have also been lucky in the past, I set Tim a task to find me some Period ammo for an early .25. I had given up hope, but he came good!
    As for the next Fair, we are doing all we can to get one up and running, but will not risk any member of the public, trader or my staff. It will be outside and may rain.

I could not give a monkeys if I get soaked, as long as everyone is SAFE! Right now let's check out Tim's site.....

Great site

The photos are good quality and the site is easy to navigate. One thing that tempted me was a .177 Giffard rifle for under £1200. Only seen 4 in this calibre.

https://timdysonairguns.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    As for the next Fair, we are doing all we can to get one up and running, but will not risk any member of the public, trader or my staff. It will be outside and may rain.

I could not give a monkeys if I get soaked, as long as everyone is SAFE!
    I can live with that and your priorities are clearly the right way round Peter.

Here's to the next fair.

John

Good update to Tim's site, but I wish he would leave original prices on sold items even if it's not what they actually sold for.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    There's one thing about Tim's web site is, you can't complain about the number of photos on there. must take him ages.

4.5mm Giffard

Having a mooch through Tim's site, I see the Giffard rifle sold....

Is a Tell 3 really in that price bracket? Wow. Nice looking pistol
    Too many Airguns and Pistols
    Beretta 682 Sporter, and Skeet

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Is a Tell 3 really in that price bracket? Wow. Nice looking pistol
    Everything is worth what someone will pay for it

I’m not commenting on Tim’s prices. (I’d still like to chat to him at Kempton ldgrin). But my old man used to trade in railway collectibles. Every so often he’d come across something really special. And he’d put that up at silly money because a) things like that brought people to the stall and b) more often than not eventually they sold , sometimes at a substantial reduction on the asking, other times not. And if they didn’t so what, he probably only paid peanuts for it from a widow selling her late husband’s stuff (sorry lads but that’s how it went)
    Morally flawed

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Tim's pricing on the Tell 3 might account for the healthy estimates on the two in the current Stroud Auctions catalogue!

Thank you for referencing the auction catalogue John. Always interesting to see what is out there and the eventual selling price.

Auction is now postponed until further notice so we'll have to wait and see what the Tell 3"s fetch. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by erichtfisherman View Post
    Auction is now postponed until further notice so we'll have to wait and see what the Tell 3"s fetch. Tim
    Are you still able to sell on-line via your website?

Hi Pete, Yes I'm still selling from the website. Pre war stuff can go out direct no issues. Post war needs to go to an RFD some may be doing 'click and collect' otherwise have to wait till December to post. If near to Huddersfield I can deliver with appropriate social distancing. Pre pay by card then I just need to see appropriate ID (from a distance) I'll be adding some more stuff on to the site slanted to Pre war over the next week. Kind regards Tim.