Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Hi Norm, having a longer rear guide that fits the spring properly is the main part of the equation to reduce the twang. Be interesting to know how that existing "guide" is fixed in. Don't know if you can post pictures? Hopefully you'll be able to remove and substitute it for a custom, properly fitting guide. Or maybe use the existing "stump" as a base for the new guide?

Hope this helps and it'll be nice to hear how it turns out.
I’ll have to take before and after pics and post them. I really should’ve paid more attention when I took it apart but you know what it’s like sometimes

Looks like I’ve got a bit of work to do, mind you it should be worth it

Also, once the gun shop on Guntrader that I was looking at reopens I’m hoping to buy a s/h springer they have for sale, which I’ve taken a fancy too I’m hoping I can buy it and get it shipped to a RFD friend of Unframed Dave’s
I find it annoying that as individuals we can send sub 12ftlb airguns to each other by post quite legally, but an RFD can’t

It’s weird, other than the Original 65 & 75 that I refurbed and eventually moved on, I haven’t really had a hankering for springers, having got several PCPs but it’s taken this lockdown to rekindle an interest

Norm