Thread: Spring Gun tuning - Top Hat advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sound like success!
    I dont think you want to push those guns very much faster, but as Tony says, lighter pellets will probably give you a bit more energy and velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sounding good and suitably de-twanged, Norm.

If you can, get hold of some RWS Hobby and JSB RS. These tend to give higher outputs in lower tuned springers. If the power isn't uncomfortably close to the limit (doubting it will be), it sounds like you'll have plenty of scope to raise power by increasing the preload, if required. Maybe a 5mm increase to start with and then going in 2mm increments?
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Sound like success!
    I dont think you want to push those guns very much faster, but as Tony says, lighter pellets will probably give you a bit more energy and velocity.
    Cheers Guys,

I think given that this gun is just a bit of fun ( remember that stock ), I’ll keep the power where it is, my main aim now is to find the best pellet for accuracy. Despite the heavy trigger it feels quite nice to shoot

I’ll see if I can try and get some of the pellets you recommend Tony. I’ve had a look on the Intershoot site and they don’t quote a size for the JSB RS which is a shame. I wonder if there’s any way to find out ?

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    I’ve had a look on the Intershoot site and they don’t quote a size for the JSB RS which is a shame. I wonder if there’s any way to find out ?
    All the JSB RS pellets I have seen have been 4.52mm and 5.52mm.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    All the JSB RS pellets I have seen have been 4.52mm and 5.52mm.
    I thought they might be, 4.52 & 5.52 are the common size which seem to fit 90% of anything out there. I’ve got a custom made 0.22 pellet sizer somewhere, not sure if that will have any effect on the heads, probably only does the skirt.

It might be a case of trying some JSB Exacts in 5.51 or 5.50

I’ll nip over to the Chinese UK forum and see what pellets are commonly used by other DB4 / DB5 owners

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post

I think given that this gun is just a bit of fun ( remember that stock ), I’ll keep the power where it is, my main aim now is to find the best pellet for accuracy. Despite the heavy trigger it feels quite nice to shoot

Norm
    Yep, after I'd posted my last reply I took note again of which model we're talking about here and would guess that, firstly, it wouldn't be regarded as a candidate for "full power" and also that the shot cycle and enjoyment & ease of shooting are far more important than chasing high power outputs. Enjoy.

P.S. Don't know if you've ever looked, but our benevolent sponsor is a fantastic place for pellets. Well priced & packaged and speedy, reliable service too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!