Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley tomahawk ss value ?

Tommy...

For anyone wanting a visual reference, here's link to a pic of my Steve Pope fully customised - stroked, glided and shrouded Tommy.
    https://walnut.black/WEBLEY-TOMAHAWK
    https://www.walnut.black

Tommy

Lovely...but the Cobra never had a shrouded barrel but a blended in silencer. The Sidewinder Tommy however had a shrouded barrel. Mach 1.5

lovely guns owned one years ago always regretted selling it

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Lovely...but the Cobra never had a shrouded barrel but a blended in silencer. The Sidewinder Tommy however had a shrouded barrel. Mach 1.5
    100% correct Paul. Have one of those too.
    https://walnut.black/COBRA
    Must change the details on my Tommy listing
    https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    100% correct Paul. Have one of those too.
    https://walnut.black/COBRA
    Must change the details on my Tommy listing
    Wow. That’s very special indeed.

Yeah had one of those too. But stock way too large for my hands (pistolgrip). Didnt shoot much better than my Sidewinder. So sold it. Couldnt afford to keep it back than for collection purposes only. Could use the money for other things.
    When I got a good job I regretted selling it. But thats always with such things.
    Normally Sidewinders indeed have shrouded barrels and Cobras dont. But the prototype I have was sáid to be a prototype Cobra. I does have shrouded barrel, but it does nót have any markings on it whatsoever. (no name, no model no serial number). So what it is....who knows..
    Iirc, later Sidewinders were Longbow based, not Tomahawk.
    ATB,
    yana

I had the pleasure of shooting one (Venom Cobra) at the Boinger Bash last year ,a very special gun for sure.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I had the pleasure of shooting one (Venom Cobra) at the Boinger Bash last year ,a very special gun for sure.
    Les..
    does anyone know the thread size on a Webley tomahawk .just found one but it has no muzzlebreak fitted. hoping its a 1/2 unf .thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celticcrusader View Post
    does anyone know the thread size on a Webley tomahawk .just found one but it has no muzzlebreak fitted. hoping its a 1/2 unf .thanks
    My hw mod screwed on mine ok, Mine came with a hell of a heavy one, But put it back on when I sold the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by celticcrusader View Post
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Yeah had one of those too. But stock way too large for my hands (pistolgrip). Didnt shoot much better than my Sidewinder. So sold it. Couldnt afford to keep it back than for collection purposes only. Could use the money for other things.
    When I got a good job I regretted selling it. But thats always with such things.
    Normally Sidewinders indeed have shrouded barrels and Cobras dont. But the prototype I have was sáid to be a prototype Cobra. I does have shrouded barrel, but it does nót have any markings on it whatsoever. (no name, no model no serial number). So what it is....who knows..
    Iirc, later Sidewinders were Longbow based, not Tomahawk.
    Hi Yana,

Yes, I had yours as 3rd owner and it was great (also had a Venom Cobra!). My problem was also one of size, small hands and long action - always an issue with my Tomahawks.

I therefore always preferred the Longbows (BrumBows!) and had a Sidewinder Compact - as the Longbow version was called and also 3 Cobra Compacts made specially for me by Steve Pope based upon the BrumBow.

Regrettably have sold many of my springers now since my arthritis made it difficult to cock them so just use the clinical PCPs now for pest control!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Mine was a Cobra as well. Full length though. Compact Cobra; thats extra special. Nice one-off!
    Regret selling it now but only for collectors purposes.
    I dont have the issue with size on my lazaglided Tomahawks, nor with my whatever-it-is-prototype. Those standard stocks fit me just fine.
    I do have to add that they changed the pistol grip width at some time. Cause I have 3 walnut stocks fitted to the lazaglided Tommies but 1 is noticably thicker than the other two.
    I think the older one is thicker.
    Love them to bits though. They're my rifles for shoots.
    One has developed a 'squeek'. Seems to be the front piston ring expanding in heat..
    ATB,
    yana