Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley tomahawk ss value ?

Webley tomahawk ss value & how many were manufactured ?

I’ve noticed a couple of Webley Tomahawk’s in the for sale section sell for £500. To be honest I didn’t think that they were that sought after, collectable yes, but £500 is a really good price for anybody selling a none Venom Webley.

Anyway, to be honest I am now curious as I have an immaculate Tomahawk SS (short stroked piston, walnut stock, gold plated trigger.... and I have been told that they were also fitted with a Lothar Walther barrel, please correct me if I am wrong)

The original Webley spring guide has been replaced with one that Paul Short made for me, complete with a top hat.

I have left everything else as standard. Shoots spot on just under the legal limit.

The blue is deep and has a lovely mirror finish, not a mark on it, and the stock is A1 as well.

I really am not looking to sell it but I would like to know it’s current value please. Also, does anybody know how many of SS Tomahawks were made ?

Any ideas and comments welcomed.

Thanks David.
    Last edited by rapidshot; 31-05-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidshot View Post
    I’ve noticed a couple of Webley Tomahawk’s in the for sale section sell for £500. To be honest I didn’t think that they were that sought after, collectable yes, but £500 is a really good price for anybody selling a none Venom Webley.

Anyway, to be honest I am now curious as I have an immaculate Tomahawk SS (short stroked piston, walnut stock, gold plated trigger.... and I have been told that they were also fitted with a Lothar Walther barrel, please correct me if I am wrong)

The original Webley spring guide has been replaced with one that Paul Short made for me, complete with a top hat.

I have left everything else as standard. Shoots spot on just under the legal limit.

The blue is deep and has a lovely mirror finish, not a mark on it, and the stock is A1 as well.

I really am not looking to sell it but I would like to know it’s current value please. Also, does anybody know how many of SS Tomahawks were made ?

Any ideas and comments welcomed.

Thanks David.
    Today’s one in sales was a proper Steve Pope custom.

Early Tomahawks had 15” Webley barrels. Later ones had 13” LW ones. I believe all the factory short-strokes were of the later kind.

I would usually say that Tomahawks in decent condition range from £220-240 for an early beech one, to around £350-375 for a later factory short-stroke walnut one.

Tommy

They are now getting very collectable. In the last 14 months I have only seen 3 for sale and all gone in minutes. Now a very desirable rifle. Impossible to say how many were made but webley closed it's door on 23/12/05 and the SS Tommy was done to move stock in the UK but from when only Mr Pope or Mr Hancock might know? Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    They are now getting very collectable. In the last 14 months I have only seen 3 for sale and all gone in minutes. Now a very desirable rifle. Impossible to say how many were made but webley closed it's door on 23/12/05 and the SS Tommy was done to move stock in the UK but from when only Mr Pope or Mr Hancock might know? Mach 1.5
    They do sell quickly, don’t they? Maybe values have gone up in the last few years.

My beech early one was about £200 5-6 years ago. And my walnut Longbow £310 in a similar timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They do sell quickly, don’t they? Maybe values have gone up in the last few years.

My beech early one was about £200 5-6 years ago. And my walnut Longbow £310 in a similar timeframe.
    Try finding one for those prices. More near the £400-£500 mark now. And thats if you can find one for sale. Seem rarer than the longbow up for sale these days.

Wow. Guess I’m behind the times.

I suppose it’s supply and demand. Ten or so years ago they were a recently-discontinued rifle, not too hard to find used or even NOS.

By now, given how comparatively few were made, almost everyone who wants one has found one, and it’s a seller’s market. Helped by the very positive light in which they are rightly viewed on places like this.

Tommys are quite rare. When they arrived on the market, no one wanted one. It was a downtuned FAC rifle. With the long stroke it was sluggish in 12Ftp.
    Later on they improved it, but it already had a 'bad'name by than.
    Imo it was ánd is one of the best looking springers ever made.
    Bought my first many years ago (2002ish) for Fl525 new (dutch currency). Still have it. Will never sell them.
    Everyone likes the gun when they see it. Many ask what it is cause theyre so rare.
    ATB,
    yana

Tommy

Don't forget Webley Venom did the sidewinder based on the Tommy and these fetch £800 plus then the ultra rare Cobra and these are £1000 plus. Mach 1.5

Ramsbottoms

Looking at their magazine ads. in 2002, such guns were a bargain.

I only sold one a couple of weeks ago for £200 , It was in very nice condition with a spare brand new stock which I bought off here, Maybe it's one I should have kept,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    I only sold one a couple of weeks ago for £200 , It was in very nice condition with a spare brand new stock which I bought off here, Maybe it's one I should have kept,
    If you have any more going at that price, I would be more than interested .
    I got my one from Don (Beeza) off here, a lovely. 177 in walnut.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    If you have any more going at that price, I would be more than interested .
    I got my one from Don (Beeza) off here, a lovely. 177 in walnut.
    Les..
    In all fairness there was no recoil when shot, But I dont think I had ever took it out , I prefer 177 and lately only seem to use PCP, May have got another £50 but as above some models are now climbing in value, Not long had a mint omega and took it in as a p/x against one of my Rapids, Again seen some of these fetch good money lately, Never really see many advertised so I did not have a clue at it's worth,

It's been mentioned before, the Tomahawk and Longbow where only produced for about 3 to 4 years before Webley folded. So not to many made I would think. Well worth adding to any collection.
    Les..

I shot one at Weston park shortly before webley went into receivership.
    I wanted to buy it there and then

Tommy

Tommy came out about 2000. Early ones have the 15 Inch Webley Barrel as stated above. Later ones then had the 13 Inch LW Barrels as fitted to its little brother. The Longbow came out Feb 2003 until webley closed it's door 23/12/05. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 02-06-2020 at 03:27 PM.