Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who agrees with idea for new RULE on sales - ?

Who agrees with idea for new RULE on sales - ?

Comments chaps on a repeating problem on here and an easy solution to keep things honest.

Scopes:

Either buy without seeing at your own risk which can turn into a massive debate if the optic is damaged or crimped (it was ok when I sent it / no it wasn't) etc etc

OR All pics of scopes must be out of mounts and photographed top bottom left sand right, or in a way that shows all round tube.

Would sort out a major repeating problem, and most folk on here already do this
    If I decide to sell something, I take responsibility to make sure it is working, and described accurately , most people do. Surely this is part of the responsibility of the privilege of having access to this forum.
    Surely for the IT challenged, they have a mate on here to help, or a younger relation/ friend / partner to sort it for them, so IMO in the year 2020, no excuse really is there - ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Or if buying an expensive item just go and collect it in person?
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I think it would represent good practice, not something I would have thought of asking for in a sales thread. Whether it requires a rule change is really a decision for the more experienced mods.

Good idea to get a consensus though.

Dave
    Last edited by Unframed Dave; 04-06-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    Smell my cheese

If someone is so inclined to rip off another by falsely describing an item, then surely they would think nothing of applying some black boot polish to hide any marks or scratches.

You could insist on photos, however, the close up, detailed pics required to show the likes of crimp marks do not always show the detail.

In selling on a forum such as this using distance selling, there will always be the requirement to trust someone and with people being people, there will always be someone who will abuse that trust.

The revised R7OC has a simple rule for sales, all items must include a photo also containing the sellers forum ID written on a piece of paper.

I cannot see the point in a specific rule for scopes, but (imo) there should be a rule demanding a photo in the listing,
    after all they can be added direct as an attachment so it takes about 10 seconds to add .

If the sellers ID also has to be included it proves the photo is one they have taken not something found on line, it would also prevent a scammer using that photo in the future,
    or as I once noted on here, using the same photo's as the previous owner but the price had gone up £200.

ATEOTD it is a closed forum, not a classified sales site so there should be a certain level of trust expected between members,
    but there have been enough cases to show that sometimes it's more than one person's idea of excellent condition being somewhat different to someone else.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    ATEOTD = at the end of the day.

Lol

Dave
    Smell my cheese

It’s probably already been discussed to death, I cannot believe that in this day and age photos are not a prerequisite to all sales posts, I know with this platform it’s the easiest to post pics but still. Yes, we can email or WhatsApp them but makes it easier to make a judgement whether it’s worth pursuing, People’s opinion of ‘good condition’ can vary wildly 5/6 pictures on the advert would save a lot of hassle.

For newbies like myself makes the forum a easier place, love looking at different rifles, pistols etc....
    Last edited by Roblny; 01-06-2020 at 11:26 AM.

RULES, RULES!?!?!

We have too many blurry RULES, Moses made do with only 10!!!

Time for our MPs and others in positions of power & privelidge to reduce the number of Blurry RULES in our lives!!!!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Agree with deadidick. Rules intended to prevent the foolish from making mistakes will never succeed - we should all understand caveat emptor and, as already pointed out the scrotes will just fake up photos.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The revised R7OC has a simple rule for sales, all items must include a photo also containing the sellers forum ID written on a piece of paper.

I cannot see the point in a specific rule for scopes, but (imo) there should be a rule demanding a photo in the listing,
    after all they can be added direct as an attachment so it takes about 10 seconds to add .

If the sellers ID also has to be included it proves the photo is one they have taken not something found on line, it would also prevent a scammer using that photo in the future,
    or as I once noted on here, using the same photo's as the previous owner but the price had gone up £200.

ATEOTD it is a closed forum, not a classified sales site so there should be a certain level of trust expected between members,
    but there have been enough cases to show that sometimes it's more than one person's idea of excellent condition being somewhat different to someone else.
    I'd go with this.

As an aside though, if anyone wants to know something specific or to see more pictures then it's easy to ask the OP to post them
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    Whenever I have bought through the site I have always trusted the sellers integrity, as I view airgunbbs as a friendly community (mostly) if you have any particular concerns when buying why not just ask the seller for pictures?
    I have only been caught out once with a purchase so far which I’ve just chalked up to experience.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

I agree with the above 👍

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I think pictures should be compulsory in sales threads. No excuse in this day and age for not being 'able' to do it.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I think pictures should be compulsory in sales threads. No excuse in this day and age for not being 'able' to do it.
    Unless you are a complete tool like me computer wise. If its made compulsory most on here will miss out on good gear as people like myself will just sell it on gunstar or guntrader instead. I have always and will always give truthful discriptions of my gear i sell. But if it comes compulsory no problem there are other plateforms to sell it on. Not everyone is good computer wise. Also i have no interest in wanting to either as i only want one to surf the intermet with.

A picture can be very deceptive and not show what you expect.
    3-4 years ago I was looking for a .410" shotgun. I found one advertised, with photo's and it looked good.

my brother and I drove from Manchester to south Shropshire only to find that the butt had been sawn off in the past and screwed back on with pozidrive screws. The joint was very poor and did not show on the pictures. It was either taken at an angle that threw it into the shadows or it had been photo shopped. The muzzle had been filed at an angle, which did not show in the pictures.

It was, without doubt, a wasted journey.