Thread: Miniature Marvels

Miniature Marvels

Good morning all. I have had a request from the maker of these extraordinary models - does anyone know where he might sell them, or for how much? I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that there would be a market for them. Maybe being hand made and so on would make them impossibly expensive. Any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Anq...RMo99NWmhSdYBf

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Incredible, absolutely superb.

Personally, I think the price tag is a bit on the rich side for most potential buyers. You're looking at a very niche market.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Lovely models (I especially like the M1 Carbine and the drum fed Thompson SMG) but, as Unframed Dave says, it's a very niche market and the prices being asked make it even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Incredible, absolutely superb.

Personally, I think the price tag is a bit on the rich side for most potential buyers. You're looking at a very niche market.

Dave
    Thanks for your reply - I hadn't realised they were for sale anywhere - I see a link where one is listed for $1400 which I hadn't seen before. I guess that was about what I had figured they'd be worth. Expensive, granted, but a painter and decorator can make that in a couple of weeks so I guess it's not outrageous given the amount of work and skill. Not to mention the unique factor. That's what I charge for my portrait paintings, too, as it goes.

I still think they're marvellous - glad you agree!

Very nice
    Les..

Can I fit an Ox mainspring in it? LOL

Whilst I can appreciate the skill and workmanship who on here wouldn't rather spend that money on a full size HW, a custom stock and decent tune?

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Can I fit an Ox mainspring in it? LOL

Whilst I can appreciate the skill and workmanship who on here wouldn't rather spend that money on a full size HW, a custom stock and decent tune?

Rich.
    Fair comment! I have bought a Webley Senior myself though, just for the fun of it, so I can see the attraction in these miniatures. I guess there are other people out there with more money than sense..

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Some very skilled people out there ! Just short of a Tinbum kit and maybe mount the gun on a big Nikko
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Just short of a Tinbum kit
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasP View Post
    Thanks for your reply - I hadn't realised they were for sale anywhere - I see a link where one is listed for $1400 which I hadn't seen before. I guess that was about what I had figured they'd be worth. Expensive, granted, but a painter and decorator can make that in a couple of weeks so I guess it's not outrageous given the amount of work and skill. Not to mention the unique factor. That's what I charge for my portrait paintings, too, as it goes.

I still think they're marvellous - glad you agree!
    Wow if that's what painter and decorators are getting, l think l should come out of retirement.

No scope rails, rubbish...

Seriously impressive stuff. Brilliant.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Wow, just wow

Norm

Plot twist......thats a full size rifle and he has very big hands 🤔 on a serious note tho thats a ideal wasp gun and some serious skills to build it.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post

Rich.
    that's the killer point heh ? a niche product for arigun shooters... most of whom would do exactly as Rich suggested if they had the money..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I’d imagine the price of these would buy a few airguns:

‘For the Silver Jubilee of King George V in 1935, James Purdey & Sons presented His Majesty with a miniature pair of hammer ejector guns, nos. 25000 and 25001. Built to exactly 1/6 the size of the king's pair of 12-bore guns, the fully working miniatures were supplied with fully functioning ammunition. The cartridges were .47 inches long, .18 in diameter and loaded with 2.02grns of dust shot. The king used them to shoot moths. It is said that the cartridges cost as much to produce as the guns themselves. The guns and a complete box of 25 cartridges are preserved in the Royal Gun Room at Sandringham’.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation