Thread: Jackal Air Rifle

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)

Jackal Air Rifle

There used to be a very useful website called the Jackals Lair all about Jackals and their ilk. its seems to have vanished. Anyone know when and when it dissapeared?

Looks like the guy behind it stopped paying for it being hosted. Pretty recently I think.

There’s always this (rather excellent) site:

https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-...e-levers-early

PS I believe it was set up by a guy who used to be on here, but hasn’t been for a while, who had the user name VeryBigMike.

IIRC I think he had the word Jackal in his user name?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I think that is or was @Jackel, who is, I think, a different bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Looks like the guy behind it stopped paying for it being hosted. Pretty recently I think.

Thus is really useful, thank you

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

I think that one is run by 'Rotherham owl' on here, but as he's been selling of quite a few of his maybe that one is going the same way.

Mate gave me an old one to clean up. Had no sights or tap lever, but was surprised how easy it was to find replacements. Still missing a plastic top to the stock at front. What was this model called with the unusual sights ? Value £100 ?

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Mate gave me an old one to clean up. Had no sights or tap lever, but was surprised how easy it was to find replacements. Still missing a plastic top to the stock at front. What was this model called with the unusual sights ? Value £100 ?

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Have been looking, just acquired what I reckon is a late model Highpoweer. There are a few odds and ends to be acquired. I think yours is a highpower? Or was it sometimes called an AR7? Thats why the Jackals Lair website as so useful! No idea of value, though good condition ones can go for a few bob. There are enthusiasts pout there.

Just looked up Jackals Lair on the Internet Archive Wayback machine, the site is still there, but not all the images sadly:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180808...kals-lair.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Parabellum - early model, serial number should be around 5000 or lower if those sights fitted correctly on the action, the really early ones below about 3000 had fewer ratchet clicks upon cocking due to a simpler piston HTH
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I think that one is run by 'Rotherham owl' on here, but as he's been selling of quite a few of his maybe that one is going the same way.
    Don't worry - my site is not going anywhere!

If I had known Jackals Lair was going I would have looked to create a page for the Sussex Armoury stuff to keep it alive.

The site has been down before and then re-appeared so maybe Mike will have it live again soon.

I'm shedding most of my side-levers as I want to concentrate more on the Air Arms target rifles so want to free up some cash/space.

At the moment I'm keeping an early Rapide & a late SE90 Deluxe in .177 but TBH these may go before long as well if I come across a few things on my wish list.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.