Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHAT should i change my .177 MCT Airwolf for ???

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    If you don't want to go down the electronic route the Wolverine could be an option? You could still use SCR for servicing.
    I may have been lucky but the only issue I've had with a Daystate magazine is one I bought with a used gun.
    Thanks for suggestion

I will try another wolverine with a Reg. (I did have an early wolverine which i liked,) but it wouldn't hold its zero. Though when I emailed Daystate, i got a shitty reply...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    As above or even a mk2 air ranger
    Thank you for the reply

I think i'll try a new Wolverine

Thank you for the advice and to everyone who commented

Mind you , after shooting my mk3 and my airwolf , Nothing else comes close to the electronic trigger, Always been tempted to go back to a electric.

Edgun Leshiy with Huma 12 ft lb regulator and keep the change.
    However if you must have a magazine fed rifle then the Leshiy is ruled out as it is single shot. In that case I would buy a nice late model Rapid 2.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    However if you must have a magazine fed rifle then the Leshiy is ruled out as it is single shot. In that case I would buy a nice late model Rapid 2.
    To be honest I wanted to mention a rapid but thought I'd give the hail of abuse a miss, Myself I have a mk1 and mk2 rapid, I just love everything about the mk1, The balance and everything else that you get with a Honda cg125,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Mind you , after shooting my mk3 and my airwolf , Nothing else comes close to the electronic trigger, Always been tempted to go back to a electric.
    I agree 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post

Thanks, but i used to have an MFR. I didn't like the pistol grip and trigger position (fingers to short for trigger) no pressure Gauge and it kept blowing seals

keep your wolf,

HI Bud, Come on why they don't come anymore accurate than the big bad wolf , keep your wolf and put a hi-lite bottle on, I have a daystate mk4 sold it because i fancied a change ,but went and bought it back like the wolf electric trigger and fantastic accuracy ,but good luck ,ATB BOB.

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI Bud, Come on why they don't come anymore accurate than the big bad wolf , keep your wolf and put a hi-lite bottle on, I have a daystate mk4 sold it because i fancied a change ,but went and bought it back like the wolf electric trigger and fantastic accuracy ,but good luck ,ATB BOB.

Brilliant idea.
    Hi-lite bottle, service and a couple of new mags.

Though i'd still like to try a couple of newer guns, including the Redwolf and the Wolverine R 😉

Steyr Pro X...sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Steyr Pro X...sorted.
    Fabulous bit of kit,
    just let down. With not having a threaded barrel and having to bodge, a silencer on it...

With that budget I would look at 2 guns with 2 scopes for 2 uses, one for hunting that is set up perfectly that you'll not worry about getting damp, muddy, dusty, say a used HW100 of some sort with decent scope, don't worry about the shot count, you're hunting so 50 shots should be enough, if not carry a buddy bottle! £700 all in?

That would leave £1300 for a target/plinking gun/scope of your choice.. Happy days!!
    1970 FWB 300 - FWB 127 Sport - HW80 1983 - 1984 HW77K - HW30S - HW35 - AIRMASTERS 77FTS
    TX200 Mk2 .22 - TX200 Mk2 .177 - TX200SR Mk1 .177 Walnut - PROSPORT.177