Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Love for the KWC 1911s?

Any Love for the KWC 1911s?

I have a Remington RAC 1911 and I just love it's accuracy as a replica. I've removed all the silly warnings from the slide and given it a repaint and I just love the way it looks, feels and strips just like the real thing.

Objectively, it's not the best air pistol but it is surely about the nicest replica.

I think they are great replicas. I have one of the older Tanfoglio Witness 1911's and it's still one of my go to pistols for can bashing.

It would be nice if they made one with really basic Colt markings, or no markings at all!

I have one which was one of the first shipment to come into U.K. years ago and it still functions well. I fitted a micro adjustable back sight and wood grips to jazz it up a little. It was cheap then at £80 and not a bad replica, but the best 1911 replica bb firing is the Inokatsu made from steel and more expensive than a real 1911, at £800 to £1000. See pic....

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/z4MeClx.jpg
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 04-06-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I have a real yearning for one of these 1911's and a Luger replica at the moment.
    Trouble is, how the hell do you actually buy one ??

No RFD's locally appear to stock, that I can find.
    Been looking on-line for a week or so now, and finding it a bit frustrating to be honest :-(

Andy

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy 01 View Post
    I have a real yearning for one of these 1911's and a Luger replica at the moment.

Been looking on-line for a week or so now, and finding it a bit frustrating to be honest :-(

Andy
    Have you asked your local RFDs if they can get it in for you?
    Good deals with these members

Not back open yet :-(
    Just been checking websites regarding 'what' they normally stock.

Andy

I have the RAC 1911 as well. I was really surprised at how accurate it is, and it handles really well. Does yours fire the dust devil BB? Mine jams up after a few shots with them,

Andy
    Got one coming from here, £85 including postage to my door. Be warned though... Its addictive

Does schneider.de actually do the KWC versions ?
    I can't see for looking

Andy
    Crawley Surplus are delivering within 50 miles of Crawley - it may be worth asking them if they can help as they usually carry an extensive range of BB as well as pellet firing CO2 clones.

Or keep an eye on sales on this site.

Kind regards,

John

Does schneider.de actually do the KWC versions ?
    I can't see for looking
    The Swiss arms is the same gun with different branding on the slide. The gletcher, Springfield, sig sauer and a few others are all kwc field strippable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplusfour1 View Post
    The Swiss arms is the same gun with different branding on the slide. The gletcher, Springfield, sig sauer and a few others are all kwc field strippable too.
    I've had the Tanfoglio variant for a few years and it has been faultless. Kept clean and lightly lubed it always puts a grin on your face using it. Would love a nice Colt 1911 A1 variant. They are addictive fun.

Wink 1911 - the fun gun !!!

I've got a couple of 1911s, it's true what they say - they're addictive !!! I'm really a revolver type of guy but what's not to love about a 1911 ?

I originally got my first one thrown in with a deal that I did for a Dan Wesson 715, I (at the time) thought that I would just move it on, but I had to check that it was working before selling it.....BIG mistake ! I fell in love with it from that moment, the thump of the blow back, it's fairly reasonable accuracy, the weight in the hand and it's iconic status made sure that I will NEVER EVER sell it, in fact so much so that I bought another one ! lol. I stripped the first one back to bare metal, gave it a mirror polish, dropped the ejection port by about 5 to 6mm and ported it, made some wooden target style grips for it. Nope that's not ever leaving my collection, nope, not ever !

But as a side note, as I stated I am much more of a revolver type of guy but it started me thinking about other autos and one especially caught my eye......the Taurus PT-92 or to give it it's marketed name, the GSG-92, another KWC made auto. After over a year of searching for a good condition one I managed to track one down about a month or so ago WOW ! Holy cow, now that's an astoundingly good auto too, it's another BB firing, blow back with a full size drop free magazine. The accuracy is better than either of my 1911s and the trigger is just superb, it has a short travel combined with an incredibly light final stage pull, this is one pistol that I can whole heartily recommend if you're looking for an auto.

Anyhow, enough of hi-jacking the thread and waffling on, I'll grab my coat.....
    If you ever need replacement Dan Wesson 715 & Colt SAA hammer springs feel free to PM me

Took the plunge this afternoon.
    I have a 1911 and a Luger on the way from our German friends.
    Cant wait

This hasn't gone well

I ordered one of these :

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/31589

Gassed up to test today.
    First I noticed the slide did not lock back on last shot, but does if you rack the slide with the mag out.
    Then I noticed with the mag in, if you do-cock the hammer, the hammer only appears to go two thirds of the way forward.
    The slide rattles, and as you rattle the slide, gas escapes through the barrel.
    The mag won't release in this position, unless you cock the hammer again, then it will drop.

Before I go through the pain of sending this back to Germany, is this a situation any of you are familiar with, or a possible fix ?
    It seems OK till the mag is inserted, and then goes wrong.
    Issue with the mag or the gun ?

Would appreciate anybody's thoughts ?

Andy