Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Love for the KWC 1911s?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy 01 View Post
    This hasn't gone well

I ordered one of these :

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/31589

Gassed up to test today.
    First I noticed the slide did not lock back on last shot, but does if you rack the slide with the mag out.
    Then I noticed with the mag in, if you do-cock the hammer, the hammer only appears to go two thirds of the way forward.
    The slide rattles, and as you rattle the slide, gas escapes through the barrel.
    The mag won't release in this position, unless you cock the hammer again, then it will drop.

Before I go through the pain of sending this back to Germany, is this a situation any of you are familiar with, or a possible fix ?
    It seems OK till the mag is inserted, and then goes wrong.
    Issue with the mag or the gun ?

Would appreciate anybody's thoughts ?

Andy
    Returns are easy with SWS. email them telling them about the problem. They send you a returns label to print off and instructions for the post office. Drop it off and it's free post.

OK, I seem to have been a bit hasty
    Took the slide off, run some gun oil on the rails, made sure it all seated correctly, and its just run three CO caps through it without fault.

The Luger blowback is fun, but that 1911 trumps it all day. I'm amazed at just how much of a kick in the hand it gives with a new CO in it
    I can see it being highly addictive, and my new favourite toy !!