Thread: Scope for new FWB Sport

Scope for new FWB Sport

I will be mainly using this at an indoor range (when it's reopened) out to 50yds.
    In my mind I'm thinking 4-12×40 with ao or possibly sf, I think I would prefer sf but I'm not sure if it will suit the gun. I would like a mil-dot reticle or something similar.
    I have heard a lot of good things about Vortex but I can't find any neutral reviews on the Crossfire II which I'm thinking about.
    Does anyone have any experience of these scopes or could recommend something else please?

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I will be mainly using this at an indoor range (when it's reopened) out to 50yds.
    In my mind I'm thinking 4-12×40 with ao or possibly sf, I think I would prefer sf but I'm not sure if it will suit the gun. I would like a mil-dot reticle or something similar.
    I have heard a lot of good things about Vortex but I can't find any neutral reviews on the Crossfire II which I'm thinking about.
    Does anyone have any experience of these scopes or could recommend something else please?
    I've had a couple of crossfire 2 scopes Gary, but not a 4-12.
    I like them and they have good optics. Mine were fixed parallax though.
    Can't help with SF though
    B.A.S.C. member

Hi, I have a diamondback 2-7x35 and it's a class act, never tried the crossfire though. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    needs to be slimline and sleek...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Smile

I'm liking the sound of the optics on the crossfire and the size of the Diamondback.
    We had an Airmax 2-7×32 which was great on Emma's HW30 but I struggled with it past 35yds with my eyes which is why I'm looking for a little higher magnification.
    I wish I could go for something like Jon says as it would really suit the gun but a compromise has to be made.
    Thanks for your help so far.

I'm liking the sound of the optics on the crossfire and the size of the Diamondback.
    We had an Airmax 2-7×32 which was great on Emma's HW30 but I struggled with it past 35yds with my eyes which is why I'm looking for a little higher magnification.
    I wish I could go for something like Jon says as it would really suit the gun but a compromise has to be made.
    Thanks for your help so far.
    The new 3-12x32 SF scope designed for HFT could fit your bill. The name of it escapes me atm, although not cheap it seems a tidy package.

Or for half the price of that scope thereabouts.The AMX 4-12x40 but why Hawke haven't fitted IR to this model yet, is perhaps a oversight ?
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    The new 3-12x32 SF scope designed for HFT could fit your bill. The name of it escapes me atm, although not cheap it seems a tidy package.

Or for half the price of that scope thereabouts.The AMX 4-12x40 but why Hawke haven't fitted IR to this model yet, is perhaps a oversight ?
    Is the 3-12×32 the "Touch" model? If so I think it has zero eye relief. Perhaps it's aimed at pcps?

Bushnell Banner 4-12x40, AO, I have these on both of my FBW Sports, and for many years, and see no reason to change them. Very good glass, nice fine ret., track perfectly, bomb proof spring air zero. Buy a Korean one.

After searching through various retailers I have decided to do something I've never done before and buy a scope I've never looked through.
    A Valiant Themys 4-12×40 AO HFT. At £99 new, it's heavily discounted.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 05-06-2020 at 12:26 PM.

After searching through various retailers I have decided to do something I've never done before and buy a scope I've never looked through.
    A Valiant Themys 4-12×40 AO HFT. At £99 new, it's heavily discounted.
    Let us know how you get on with it. Cheers
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)