Yes.

I decided to undertake the sleeving of a HW80 to take a 25mm piston. EdBear took the cylinder and cut a piece of aircraft grade tubing to fit, Ed having made a couple of these conversions in the past, he measured the depth and referred to another tuners guide on the web as to the correct length. He returned all the bits to me saying that it was ready for me to fit together, he wasn't doing it as it was a one attempt try and if it went wrong, it would probably result in a scrap cylinder.

I checked the depth and it seemed to match the sleeving tube length. Locktite in the cylinder started to push the sleeve in and it went solid with about quarter of an inch to go, whatever I did it wouldn't move. I took it back to Ed who after much swearing at my incompetence took it away. I saw him the next week at bell target with one cylinder that he had welded a home made extractor through the cocking slot, heated the cylinder to break the locktite and removed the sleeve.
He had then measured the internal diameter and found that the last quarter of an inch was tapered, preventing the sleeve from reaching the bottom of the cylinder.
He also had fitted a new sleeve into the cylinder, allowing me with a little help from BTDT to finish the job.

So yes I have had a similar experience, and it was nearly a costly one