Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa spitfire

Bsa spitfire

Hi the spitfire , can both versions be filled with a 200cc buddy bottle, also anyone know a rough price of a reseal on the above gun aswell please, rough guess would be fine, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi the spitfire , can both versions be filled with a 200cc buddy bottle, also anyone know a rough price of a reseal on the above gun aswell please, rough guess would be fine, Thanks
    You will be better off getting John bowkett to reseal it he was the man who made them I herd that there's some jigs needed in resealing them and it can be a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    You will be better off getting John bowkett to reseal it he was the man who made them I herd that there's some jigs needed in resealing them and it can be a nightmare
    Yes bud , My mate has been offered 2 , 1 still boxed the other as spares as its leaking , not sure how bad but may be kept as spares or just by for the different cal barrel.

Yes bud , My mate has been offered 2 , 1 still boxed the other as spares as its leaking , not sure how bad but may be kept as spares or just by for the different cal barrel.
    as long as there for a good price mate I would have the two of them sorted form bowkett then keep one and shift the other good classic BSA with a modem twist

as long as there for a good price mate I would have the two of them sorted form bowkett then keep one and shift the other good classic BSA with a modem twist
    Funny enough I not long sold a nice one in 22 cal , In all fairness it shot well , As luck happens I was on lookout for another PCP for ratting and picked up a lovely mk3 bsa bbk so the options are there again for myself with the buddy from my mk3, Some thinking needed over the next couple nights.

I have had a couple of Spitfires including the Bisley model. I think John Bowkett charges £120 to get them better than originally factory supplied. The "secret" of keeping them in good fettle is to use them regularly, I used to cock and fire mine every couple of weeks even if I never went shooting. John reckons the Spitfire and Firebird are two of the most accurate rifles BSA made. I now just have the Firebird which I prefer because you can change barrels with just a couple of allen screws.

Baz
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 05-06-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I have had a couple of Spitfires including the Bisley model. I think John Bowkett charges £120 to get them better than originally factory supplied. The "secret" of keeping them in good fettle is to use them regularly, I used to cock and fire mine every couple of weeks even if I never went shooting. John reckons the Spitfire and Firebird are two of the most accurate rifles BSA made. I now just have the Firebird which I prefer because you can change barrels with just a couple of allen screws.

Baz
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for that, I sold my last one but it was a nice gun , I should have kept it for the NV set up, And as you said , I used to shoot mine regular , They are a nice little gun

Is the spitfire easy for a barrel change

Seconded (or thirded, not read whole thread )
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I'd be wondering how long bowkett will continue to do this work.
    You could end up with two rifles no one can service before long

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    I'd be wondering how long bowkett will continue to do this work.
    You could end up with two rifles no one can service before long
    There are quite a few who have done these rifles, The best option would be the above mentioned for obvious reasons,

Is the spitfire easy for a barrel change
    Not difficult, just like you would change a BSA springer barrel. Just not as easy as the Firebird that just slides straight out with no barrel lock involved.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I had a .22" Spitfire Hf, great rifle & I fancy another

also had a .20" Firebird Lf, was it the .20" cal or the Lf charging from the buddy-bottle that I didn't get on with? dunno but the loading was great

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)

Do both fill ok with the buddy bottle

Do both fill ok with the buddy bottle
    The HF uses a probe to fill , unless you have a lash up whip / gauge and bleed screw that fits a screw on adaptor to buddy bottle - NO !