Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT should i change my .177 MCT Airwolf for ???

WHAT should i change my .177 MCT Airwolf for ???

Hi Folks,

After lock down I fancy a new gun and change...

What would be a good alternative, to my sub 12 ft lbs .177 Daystate MCT, with a budget of about £2000.

I use the gun for hunting, plinking and a bit of target shooting

THE GUN MUST BE

• Reliable
    • Accurate
    • Decent shot count
    • Consistent
    • Quiet
    • Value for money
    • Sub 12ft lbs
    • .177 cal

Thanks in advance

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    No gun at £2k is good value for money

I'd also be wary of taking a gun of that value out into the field hunting, so it may be your budget, but for your use I'd probably dial it back a bit.

Think what you like/dislike about your current gun and then let us know what you want - the brief is very large as it is and I'd be leaning towards a Red Wolf in walnut or a Wolverine R which are both awesome and no heavier than what you have
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    No gun at £2k is good value for money

I'd also be wary of taking a gun of that value out into the field hunting, so it may be your budget, but for your use I'd probably dial it back a bit.

Think what you like/dislike about your current gun and then let us know what you want - the brief is very large as it is and I'd be leaning towards a Red Wolf in walnut or a Wolverine R which are both awesome and no heavier than what you have

Only two complaints.

The first issue being servicing, as most places wont touch it. Due to the electronics.
    The second is the Daystate magazines wearing, thus causing accuracy issues. Using the single shot tray the gun has been excellent.

It' just getting old so i fancy a change

I swapped my MCT for a Redwolf and haven't regretted it, I also find the balance is better.
    For servicing and repairs you have Dave at Stafford Custom Rifles, which isn't a million miles from you, who seems to be highly recommended by all accounts.

I know you might want a better shot count.. But, If I had spare cash for a new gun, I’d go for the...
    AA hft 500
    Especially for hunting and target punching
    Where be your gibes now? Your songs? Your gambols? Miserable bugger!

A Cricket or Vulcan and keep the change..??
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I swapped my MCT for a Redwolf and haven't regretted it, I also find the balance is better.
    For servicing and repairs you have Dave at Stafford Custom Rifles, which isn't a million miles from you, who seems to be highly recommended by all accounts.

Thank you.
    I had been looking at Redwolfs. Though i fancied Something without the eletronics...

HW100 BP ticks all the boxes... Lovely rifles !

Quote Originally Posted by Septic View Post
    I know you might want a better shot count.. But, If I had spare cash for a new gun, I’d go for the...
    AA hft 500
    Especially for hunting and target punching

Thank you. But i didn't like the pistol grip and I struggled reaching for the trigger. (Just didn't feel right)

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    A Cricket or Vulcan and keep the change..??

Thanks for the reply.

I've not tried a Cricket or a Vulcan (yet). But i will be getting a Uragan Compact in .22 once we come out of lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by shootgun View Post
    HW100 BP ticks all the boxes... Lovely rifles !
    Cheers

I've never picked a HW100 BP up. Though i used to have a Hw100 kt in .177. It was a brilliant gun but the shot count was crap. I only got about 45-50 shots before the power started tailling off.

How about a Steyr Challenge HFT Hunting. Think it ticks all your boxes apart from 1 - Quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    How about a Steyr Challenge HFT Hunting. Think it ticks all your boxes apart from 1 - Quiet!

Thanks,

But, it must be quiet and multi shot

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bigroo View Post
    Thank you.
    I had been looking at Redwolfs. Though i fancied Something without the eletronics...
    If you don't want to go down the electronic route the Wolverine could be an option? You could still use SCR for servicing.
    I may have been lucky but the only issue I've had with a Daystate magazine is one I bought with a used gun.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    If you don't want to go down the electronic route the Wolverine could be an option? You could still use SCR for servicing.
    I may have been lucky but the only issue I've had with a Daystate magazine is one I bought with a used gun.
    As above or even a mk2 air ranger