Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Been woodworking again

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    9,755

    Thumbs up Been woodworking again



    Last edited by joffy; 04-06-2020 at 08:05 PM.
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    mountain ash
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post


    Looking good, I'm not the best with wood, I would most probs have to use a bucket of filler,

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Looking good, I'm not the best with wood, I would most probs have to use a bucket of filler,
    We all make mistakes but its learning from them for the next one trying to keep this one quite dark ....only drew blood once today on this one ....tried catching a router with a grinder bit it before it hit the floor ....just a little cut
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    mountain ash
    Posts
    5,879
    I'm thinking of making a standing gun rack for about 12 guns , Waiting for this lockdown to end as I cant wait in shops, just do my head in, So it will be an easy project, Hopefully, Thinking of using 8 by 1" timber for frame , Most of the ones I've seen built seem like very little room so I'll make it to suit myself, Hey it's a start,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    9,755

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    I'm thinking of making a standing gun rack for about 12 guns , Waiting for this lockdown to end as I cant wait in shops, just do my head in, So it will be an easy project, Hopefully, Thinking of using 8 by 1" timber for frame , Most of the ones I've seen built seem like very little room so I'll make it to suit myself, Hey it's a start,

    Plenty of free plans online
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    mountain ash
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Plenty of free plans online
    Yes gonna have plenty of thought before I start , I'll che k out online though , Every bit of advice will be helpful

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Yes gonna have plenty of thought before I start , I'll che k out online though , Every bit of advice will be helpful

    I think Neil (neil180) made a carousel one
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    mountain ash
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    I think Neil (neil180) made a carousel one
    That sounds a good idea, I've got about a 5ft or 6ft ledge where a window once was which at mo is sitting 3 gun cabinets, Was thinking of filling the left over space with a type of display unit, Ive seemed to have gained 4 guns from the last count, This downsizing dont seem to be happening plus my mate is offering me a open day,

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    25,914
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post


    Looking very, very nice, Jonathan; well done, sir.

    Diana 52?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- Summer / Autumn 2020,. BOING!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    9,755

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Looking very, very nice, Jonathan; well done, sir.

    Diana 52?
    Yes Tony Diana 52 with an action full of sawdust it needs a rebuild
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    9,755

    Thumbs up

    Got some fettling to be done to the insides tomorrow all ready for the bash hopefully




    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    barking essex
    Posts
    2,460
    Looking good Sir.
    I wish I had the patience , I got my mate some walnut and he made a couple of stockís for a hw97 and a hw50.
    I do have a big piece of walnut that you could get 2 ft stocks out of it.
    I have a Anchutz 333 rifle with a slim junior type stock,that Iíve always wanted to make a bigger replacement for.
    I will have to bite the bullet and have a go one day.
    Les..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London
    Posts
    22,193
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Got some fettling to be done to the insides tomorrow all ready for the bash hopefully




    if that's your quarry lurking in the background, I think even the mighty 52 is way under powered
    I'm currently looking for: pair of scope mounts to suit a 13mm BSA rail, a tx200 cd trigger unit top sear, and any cheap, interesting, knackered project guns. Thanks, JB.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    if that's your quarry lurking in the background, I think even the mighty 52 is way under powered
    Nooo that's my brothers hobby ....big bang guns
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    296
    Lol I like the causal use of "Been woodworking again"

    So I click thinking he's been making target stands or something interesting and then theres some beautiful skilful carpentry inside

    beautiful work joffy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •