Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More woes with my sumatra carbine :-(

Is the valve stem also known as the exaust valve? as thats what shows up when i look for a new one online.

Yes the exhaust valve is the valve stem, from what I remember it’s a plastic disc that sits around the stem to stop the hammer from hitting it too hard and causing excess power. It’s been a while since mine was apart so cannot be sure what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Yes the exhaust valve is the valve stem, from what I remember it’s a plastic disc that sits around the stem to stop the hammer from hitting it too hard and causing excess power. It’s been a while since mine was apart so cannot be sure what it looks like.
    That plastic cant be there on the high power guns then. Does the stem slide out once the hammer is removed?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    chris, if you want to give me a bell, I'll PM you my number...

way too much to type, and half of it could be misused
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    chris, if you want to give me a bell, I'll PM you my number...

way too much to type, and half of it could be misused
    Ok thanks jon. Got my lad here tonight be ok tomorrow. I know how to get as far as removing the hamner and spring. I would like to change the valve stem just incase. I can put the sofer soring back in then as the predetor one makes the gun bloody hard to cock. Chris

Ordered an uprated valve stem. Will fit it and see if this fixes the problem. If not will send it away for inspection and repair.