Thread: Walther RM8

Walther RM8

Hiya guys. Anyone out there got a good working knowledge of repairs and tuning for this rifle. By tuning I don't mean thrashing it for power, either....
    Currently trying to help my uncle with his which is peaking at 9.5ftlb. Its shot thousands of pellets so I'm wondering if its on its way out. Hammer spring has been replace with a new genuine part. No gain. Got a beauty of a barrel on it though. Design is a bit shabby
    Any PMs would be greatly appreciated.

I know that Mick "logunator" used to deal with these rifles but I see he's been banned.
    Does anyone have contact details for him?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Looks like getting more power from this rifle is tricky ... probably best to leave at that level unless you have a machine shop and a ton of patience.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...topic=142138.0

Yeah.... Neither of those 😂
    I'll let logunator sort it.

Cheers chaps.

It's quite usual on these.
    The regulator needs a tweak.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    i had to shim the spring in mine - just takes a tiny fraction. the anti bounce mechanism, whilst interesting and at least somewhat functional, makes hammer spring very sensitive.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    i had to shim the spring in mine - just takes a tiny fraction. the anti bounce mechanism, whilst interesting and at least somewhat functional, makes hammer spring very sensitive.
    Yeah I saw DrBobs thread on dismantling on and noticed the anti bounce spring. This may go some way to explaining why it sounds like shooting a used mattress. However I then saw that the hammer spring is actually floating so is it anti bounce or is it to prevent the hammer wobbling about all over the place (not during cycle)
    Anyhow I'll let mick fettle it. Its not my favourite rifle design.....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    both are anti-bounce measures
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    both are anti-bounce measures
    Yeah I get that part. But the floating hammer should be sufficient to negate the bounce... Especially when you realise how stiff the valve return spring is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    I know that Mick "logunator" used to deal with these rifles but I see he's been banned.
    Does anyone have contact details for him?
    He is to be found on the other airgun forum.