Thread: Scope recommendations

Scope recommendations

I’m after a new/used scope mainly for bench rest shooting.
    I like a lot of magnification.
    The 2 I’ve been looking at are the Hawke sidewinder 30 8-32x56 and the Konus pro m30 8.5-32x52.
    Both can be bought sub £350 either new(konus) or second hand (Hawke).
    If you have any experience with either of these or can recommend something different any views would be appreciated.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've had lots of the Hawkes - like 8+ over the years as I went through a phase of having similar scopes on lots of my guns.

They are great value for money and can now be had for just over £200 second hand. They are a good entry level BR scope as they have good magnification, optics, repeatability and the extra weight is not a big deal on a bench. In this price range I can't recommend them enough for your intended use, and it will also be fine out on the range for spinners etc, if a touch heavy to take hunting

I now have gone to x50 mag scopes for my BR use, not that I actually use the x50 mag, but typically scopes perform better at less than their maximum abilities, so if you can stretch to it then dropping £450 on a Big Nikko mk3 is not a bad way to spend some cash - and you will get your money back on either of these scopes selling them in the future, so both are brilliant and cheap to own.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired