Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hawke Scopes Vantage vs Airmax

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I swapped a scope for an older Panarama model, it wasn't in the best of nick but I knew that and wanted to get it to do a comparison test with a Nikko Panamax, the Panamax won hands down with many better features.

That has put me off them, although if I find a decent one at a sensible price then I may be tempted.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by PIL1 View Post
    I have a 4x16x50 sf Vantage on my prosport. That has a fine cross hair, model number 14291. It's that good that I wanted to get another one today but the rfd I used in Henley seems to have closed down permanently.
    As I posted above, that model with the 10x half mil dot ret, has been discontinued, but you can get the ret on others.
    Last edited by angrybear; 07-06-2020 at 12:34 AM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I think that Hawke 10x half mil dot reticle is awful... Too thin for easy definition and a sea of markers with no distinction meaning its easy to pick the wrong one without spending far too long making sure your aim point is correct.... Pah!

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    As I posted above, that model with the 10x half mil dot ret, has been discontinued, but you can get the ret on others.
    thanks for the info AB

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I think that Hawke 10x half mil dot reticle is awful... Too thin for easy definition and a sea of markers with no distinction meaning its easy to pick the wrong one without spending far too long making sure your aim point is correct.... Pah!
    in .177 I only use mildots to the first one when out hunting, 45 yards is far enough. Illuminated reticle helps when a darker background happens. I prefer I thin reticle but each to their own.

in .177 I only use mildots to the first one when out hunting, 45 yards is far enough. Illuminated reticle helps when a darker background happens. I prefer I thin reticle but each to their own.
    Same here, the fine reticle is the precise reason why I love those scopes .

I can't understand how people can use things like the cheaper Bushnell's where the ret looks like it was drawn on with a wedge tip magic marker
    How can you aim accurately when the ret is so clumsy it obscures half the target ffs ???

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I shoot .22 mainly and I cannot be bothered with the faff turning illuminated reticles on & off either.
    Perhaps that explains my dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Same here, the fine reticle is the precise reason why I love those scopes .

I can't understand how people can use things like the cheaper Bushnell's where the ret looks like it was drawn on with a wedge tip magic marker
    How can you aim accurately when the ret is so clumsy it obscures half the target ffs ???
    Some reticles nowadays are too fine to use comfortably!!! Most cheap scopes with mildot etc look like 4x2 with dinner plates
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.