Thread: Getting permission to shoot on a landowners property and how long it takes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i got my main one as my brother in law rents the farm . I shoot the rabbits on it .

i tried for others closer to home as my main one is 9 miles each way and i don't drive so my wife has to drive me there and come home then the same to pick me up.

I went to 4 farms near my house and they were all covered and in some cases too many shooting there .

I then tried one an advice of my father in law and the guy I spoke to said that they have paid shoots on the land but there is a field that is not shot on . so got that permission but no paperwork came through from him. so I called on the phone a month later and it turned out it was not his land but his parents .

The mother then asked who I was and I told her my name and that my father in law was a church elder at the local church and she named him before I told her his name and said yes you can shoot here and I can go any time I like but if there is any one working the field do not shoot till they have finished ( common sense really)

She also told me another guy who was local shot there also but he was hardly there due to working offshore .

I then left her a permission authority slip the next time I was passing and she called me to pick it up a few days later .

There is a council cemetetry on the edge of the land so I don't shoot there while is open unless I go down the hill abit .

Most of the land here is already accounted for but they are mostly covered by the same people which is not so good as they dont tend to cover them often .

Russ Douglas has done a blog on getting a permission for shooting company here http://www.bisleycountryblog.co.uk/h...ng-permission/

His youtube page here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Te6u1lBU8U&t=0s
    Last edited by bighit; 05-06-2020 at 05:10 PM.