I hear that getting permission to shoot on land is usually very hard, restricted and can sometimes cost you a few quid for the privilege, what are your thoughts and experiences?

Well I managed to get some 25-30 acres of woodland and fields off a landowner today in East Lancashire free of charge with open access to days and times, got signed paperwork for me and a couple of people I know and trust.

With the area that it is in it may also open up other opportunities for vermin control with other landowners as it ins't what you know but who, word of mouth is priceless and one of my landowners contacts is the local rural Police officer who also uses the land, which I will be introduced too and take it from there.

In your own opinion how hard is it to get a permission to shoot? Mine only came about by fishing at a lake, speaking to the owner, having a chat, asking a few questions, being friendly, asking about any problems and squirrels and rats came into the conversation and took it from there.

Anyone else have have any experiences they like to share for others to help them out?

Must also say showing the landowner I was a member of a few clubs assisted even though I have only been involved for 5 months even with lockdown.

Interested in others experiences and thoughts on getting land to shoot that's all

Crossy1882