Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lee

lee

just in the process of depriming/resizing some .223 brass and the pin in the die as broke (lee) any ideas please where i can get a replacement please, thanks ray

Henry Kranks are the main importers for Lee, they'll have some ( done that, been there...).

The only downside to kranks is their £4 delivery charge, even if the decapping pin is only £3..

You could email Lee directly and see if they will send you one FOC under warranty but it may be a long wait - Kranks probably best bet for speed.

Kranks are still fulfilling orders.

One of the reasons I use RCB & Hornady dies, you can get packs of replacement pins!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I am surprised you managed to break a Lee pin, I occasionally over the years have had a Berdan primed case sneak in and all that happens is the decapper/sizing stem moves up and has to be reset, by loosening the clamp nut and tapping it down, and then retightening the nut, are you sure its broken and not just pushed out of the way ?

DedIdick
    ( One of the reasons I use RCB & Hornady dies, you can get packs of replacement pins!)
    never needed a replacement Lee pin as a better design
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

I’ve used a drill bit of suitable diameter (2 or 3mm) as an interim de primer before now. I’ve a feeling that’s what’s in the press now.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

The Sportsman carries Lee parts.

The same decapper from Kranks is a lot cheaper.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    The same decapper from Kranks is a lot cheaper.
    With shipping?

Had a look at Kranks - could only see the universal decapping pin - for use in the universal decapping die.

The Amazon one above is for the .223 resizing die - part number 90022. Not sure which the OP really needs - but a consideration.
    Last edited by aris; 17-04-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

0.223 Decapping Pin

Been there. Done that. Kranks do not have the pin you require in stock. Quicker, easier to buy the LEE Universal Decapping die which Kranks do have in stock.
    Lee will not send you a new pin. Tried that.

Lee 0.223 Rem neck sizing mandrel/decapper needed. Lee ref # is NS2620. This is the pin for the Lee neck Sizing/decapping die.

Al.
    Last edited by AlBur; 17-04-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    Been there. Done that. Kranks do not have the pin you require in stock. Quicker, easier to buy the LEE Universal Decapping die which Kranks do have in stock.
    Lee will not send you a new pin. Tried that.

Lee 0.223 Rem neck sizing mandrel/decapper needed. Lee ref # is NS2620. This is the pin for the Lee neck Sizing/decapping die.
    On the lee website that comes up as a .222 decapper: https://leeprecision.com/decp-mndrl-.222-shor.html

The .223 decapper/expander is: https://leeprecision.com/223-ez-x-exp-decapper.html

And that is available on amazon for £7.12 - and next day if you have Prime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEE-Se2172-...dp/B00FRM53FS/

I agree though - get the universal decapper. If you have an old C-press you could leave it on there permenently and just decap everything (almost) regardless of calibre.

Sorry to disagree Lee will send you a new pin I know this as I bent the pin using brute force and ignorance when I first started reloading about 5 years ago. I contacted them online sending a picture of the damaged part ( they needed the part number )I’d overtightened the pin and punched through the bottom of the case it was not lined up properly. Things may have changed since then but the part had a lifetime warranty at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saferider View Post
    Sorry to disagree Lee will send you a new pin I know this as I bent the pin using brute force and ignorance when I first started reloading about 5 years ago. I contacted them online sending a picture of the damaged part ( they needed the part number )I’d overtightened the pin and punched through the bottom of the case it was not lined up properly. Things may have changed since then but the part had a lifetime warranty at the time.
    I have some Lee kit myself so was wondering about the current guarantee. Looks like it changed in 2016

https://support.leeprecision.net/en/...onal-customers

As of April 4, 2016, our warranty replacement policy has changed. There are two options to obtain a replacement part.

The first replacement part is free, you are just responsible for the shipping to your residence. You can place your order for the part through our website: http://leeprecision.com/parts/. The free replacement part will appear once you add the item into the shopping cart.

or-

Mail the part in to the factory at the address below for a no charge replacement.
    For laughs I checked the shipping price for a decapping pin - cheapest is $30 and 3 months delivery. I suspect this is a corona price and delivery time. You could have it in 1-3 business days for $144 - but hey, the pin is free!
    Last edited by aris; 18-04-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I am surprised you managed to break a Lee pin, I occasionally over the years have had a Berdan primed case sneak in and all that happens is the decapper/sizing stem moves up and has to be reset, by loosening the clamp nut and tapping it down, and then retightening the nut, are you sure its broken and not just pushed out of the way ?

DedIdick
    ( One of the reasons I use RCB & Hornady dies, you can get packs of replacement pins!)
    never needed a replacement Lee pin as a better design
    I’ve broken 2...... but that probably doesn’t surprise you!
    Thanks for looking