Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete,s airgun farm to reopen from June 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    Pete,s airgun farm to reopen from june22nd,
    x3 hrs= £25-00 , not a price I will be paying
    with now 18 permissions I have loads of places to practise!!
    atb brian
    Brian, if you ever need help with the 18 perms I used to pest control for Essex wildlife until they had a change of CEO who wanted everything to be allowed to live!!!
    BSA R10 Mk2 .177 V Discovery Hi 4-16 x 44 SF IR
    AA S510 .177 Konus 4-16x44 SF IR
    Walther RM8 .22 Hawke 4-12 x 50 AO IR

Yes I didn't think they was allowed to open yet either due to it being totally indoors, I know at the moment if you hire a horse indoor arena, you are not allowed more than one horse/ rider and one helper and must maintain the two metre rule....and not touch or sneeze or snot on stuff!!

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Holy crap, makes our £50 a year seem a bargain. Are you southerners being taken for mugs or what?

HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Our range is £120 a year for full members and £15 all day for non members.
    I have always said I will go to Petes Airgun Farm but was put off by the price for the first visit having to include £25 induction fee. £25 for 3 hours is somewhat taking the P so I definitely won't be going there now.
    Ade
    Which club is that.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

That price will just deter any new shooters. I have access to a fair bit of land to shoot on but the majority is in Kent. I was looking at Petes before lockdown as it would have been ideal for me when i didn't want to spend an hour / hour and a half travelling each way as its only half an hour from me ( Dagenham). Unfortunately i will now have to look for somewhere else.There are a couple of places not far from Petes that ill now spend my money with i think.

I think this lockdown/virus thing has messed with many, many things. And our normal anything isnt as normal as it was and thats why I think Pete has tried to offer a place to shoot if your missing it that much, its not his normal either and Im sure when this mess is over things everywhere will return to near normal as can be.

So before Pete is hung drawn and quartered for trying to offer a place to shoot during this mess and having to make it worthwhile for himself and safe and legal for us, just think its only for a while and only if you are that desperate to go shoot somewhere legally, I have permissions but will still suffer the price increase as I enjoy my range time pellet/barrel/reg testing and the need for a 50yd windfree place to do it, plus it wont be forever and we can all enjoy the place as before.

Stay safe

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    You open up there Chris?
    Not yet Rob as we feel it isn't the right time to do so. Once we get a few more details sorted we can look into maybe early July but nothing solid yet. You know Emley quite well so will know that it shouldn't be too difficult to meet the requirements we are starting to populate on the STB thread.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Not yet Rob as we feel it isn't the right time to do so. Once we get a few more details sorted we can look into maybe early July but nothing solid yet. You know Emley quite well so will know that it shouldn't be too difficult to meet the requirements we are starting to populate on the STB thread.
    Yes, thinking slowly slowly catchy monkey. No rush required. That feeling is important. I think some smaller clubs are finding it easier to get to a certain stage but they're not comfortable about going back to full blown activity. People have to feel safe while being safe. It's supposed to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mart46 View Post
    Brian, if you ever need help with the 18 perms I used to pest control for Essex wildlife until they had a change of CEO who wanted everything to be allowed to live!!!
    Hi Mart ,only one trusted friend gets to shoot on some of my many shoots,
    most of my landowners only allow me on their land.
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    Hi Mart ,only one trusted friend gets to shoot on some of my many shoots,
    most of my landowners only allow me on their land.
    atb brian
    After I posted, I thought that I would say the same! All the best, Mart
    BSA R10 Mk2 .177 V Discovery Hi 4-16 x 44 SF IR
    AA S510 .177 Konus 4-16x44 SF IR
    Walther RM8 .22 Hawke 4-12 x 50 AO IR