Thread: Webley Alecto/Zoraki HP-01 venting on 3rd pump

Webley Alecto/Zoraki HP-01 venting on 3rd pump

Hi All

I purchased a Zoraki HP-01 recently and it seems like a great gun. After reading a bit about it I see it has a pressure valve to vent air if anyone tries more than 3 pumps to prevent it going over our legal limit. Mine however seems to vent on the 3rd and I am wondering if I am losing out on power with this. It feels like it gets hard to pump on the 3rd time then i hear it hiss and the pump closes easier.

Has anyone tried altering the screw to cause less venting? I have seen a few guides online, has anyone tried doing this?

I guess my first step would be to find a chronograph and make sure but wondering how easy the actual process is if I do have to do it.

thanks!

There very fiddly to adjust.getting to said adjuster screw takes to time and a few bits needs removed.
    But you'll not need to.mines pretty .much on the limit just after 2 pumps.it vents on 3 so it's normal ...and every airgun owner should have a Chrono.

Quote Originally Posted by the logun-ator View Post
    There very fiddly to adjust.getting to said adjuster screw takes to time and a few bits needs removed.
    But you'll not need to.mines pretty .much on the limit just after 2 pumps.it vents on 3 so it's normal ...and every airgun owner should have a Chrono.
    I agree, pretty new to it so my first purchase was the pistol but already I can see why the chrono is handy.

Good to hear that it is not just mine venting on the 3rd. I assumed since they say you can happily do 3 pumps that it wouldnt but I guess it must be normal. Will get it tested on a chrono to confirm.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Yes it's totally normal for an Alecto to vent some air on the third pump. You don't really want to stop it from doing this as they're often pushing 5.5 ft/lb on three pumps as standard anyway.
    As above a chrono is a must for any airgun owner, but absolutely essential for anyone that wants to tinker.

FWIW I rarely shoot mine on three pumps, it's a lot of effort for not much return compared to 2 pumps. One pump is quite sufficient for most plinking (which is all you're going to be doing with it anyway).
    Good deals with these members

i did this to my old alecto. got mine up to the power it should have been, but a few years later i purchased a zoraki and noticed you can no longer do that mod ,as it as a metal block covering the area where the valve is. anti tamper.

Don’t worry as we are all saying it will be ok
    Mine used to vent on The 3rd stroke As well and was doing 5.8 on a Chrono
    Wish I still had one
    Very light and very very accurate
    But on first looks it does look horrible but once doing single handed target shooting it is in a different class from other pistols , really nice to shoot

Cheers guys that is good to hear I just heard about it venting when people try 4 pumps to stop it going over the limit so was paranoid hearing it on the 3rd thinking it wasnt getting full power.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i did this to my old alecto. got mine up to the power it should have been, but a few years later i purchased a zoraki and noticed you can no longer do that mod ,as it as a metal block covering the area where the valve is. anti tamper.
    Was the internal pump etc black on yours or silver? I see there seems to be newer models with black internals.

Quote Originally Posted by danny86 View Post
    Cheers guys that is good to hear I just heard about it venting when people try 4 pumps to stop it going over the limit so was paranoid hearing it on the 3rd thinking it wasnt getting full power.

Was the internal pump etc black on yours or silver? I see there seems to be newer models with black internals.
    Black. Think the latest webley electo and all of the zorakies have the anti tamper,

Mine vents on the third pump if I try to use three but I normally use just one pump as I get tighter groups that way.