Thread: New to reloading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, but local laws mean I can only buy 2k category "B" factory rounds per year per gun. There are no annual limits on reloading
    If your planning on reloading 2000 - 4000 rounds per year you need to buy an automated press or you will never find time to go to the range
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by B&W FOX View Post
    If your planning on reloading 2000 - 4000 rounds per year you need to buy an automated press or you will never find time to go to the range
    At present I have only 40 rounds per week available where 150 would be preferable, that's nearly 8k a year.
    I tend to go Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for about an hour, hour and a half for a shoot and a natter.
    That leaves me 164 hours per week to reload 150 rounds, plenty
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

At present I have only 40 rounds per week available where 150 would be preferable, that's nearly 8k a year.
    I tend to go Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for about an hour, hour and a half for a shoot and a natter.
    That leaves me 164 hours per week to reload 150 rounds, plenty
    what a life lol

Yep, but local laws mean I can only buy 2k category "B" factory rounds per year per gun. There are no annual limits on reloading
    Quote Originally Posted by B&W FOX View Post
    In that case, unless you wish to spend lots on a Dillon, then a Lee Pro 1000, progressive would best suit your needs. Once properly set up & mastered they're pretty good for pistol calibres. (CDSGLtd can be a little cheaper than Kranks)

https://leeprecision.com/reloading-p...ssive-presses/
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I found hornady progessive ap was great press. I bought mine from US and got it shipped....even with VAT was 40% cheaper